What style would this fall under?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouroboros

Reaction score
Everything I've read says you can use munich and vienna up to 100% of the grist. Is there a style where you actually do this? Those grains are tasty. I was thinking something along the lines of:

7# munich
7# vienna
1# caramunich
0.5# flaked wheat

~25 IBU
Magnum for bittering
0.25 oz Hallertau or Saaz (undecided at the moment) @ 20, 15, 10, 5, 0

Good? Bad? Ugly?

I'd say this fits the technical definition of a Doppelbock, but due to the lack of roasted malts it's more like the bock version of an Oktoberfest. That is to say, this beer is to Oktoberfest as Helles Bock is to Helles.

Mmmmmm, bocktoberfest.

Since the gravity falls right in the limits for doppelbock. Come up with some clever name which ends in "-ator", brew that sucker up and enjoy the hell out of it in January, or maybe Febuary.

Bocktoberfest it is. There are lots of awesome names that end in -ator. I'm thinking Fornicator. Or Decimator.

I don't have the capabilities to ferment really low, which I would need to do for a lager, but I can cool things down quite a bit and cold condition once winter sets in. I have some WY1007 (German ale) and Pacman starters chugging away. Both can ferment cool and clean with lager characteristics. Any suggestions on which would be superior?

Back