What stopper do you use for a thermowell for a 5gal glass carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capslock118

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a 5 gallon glass carboy and a 16" thermowell with a 3/8" outer diameter. I put the thermowell within my plastic primary. That was easy enough since you can easily drill a plastic hole in the lib and put a rubber grommet in. For a glass carboy though I'm less clear.

I've been searching the net for a solution to use the thermowell along with an air lock but I can't seem to find anything that would handle this.

thoughts?

:mug:

I looked at that at my local homebrew shop but the 1/2" seemed a bit tight. Maybe what I can do is lube up the thermowell and it might just slip in.

It was a tight fit for me for sure. I haven't been able to take it out since I put it in but I haven't really needed to either. I figure if I really need to I'll just cut it off and buy a replacement at the LHBS, LHBS sells them for like $2 if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Back