What size stopper for a Sanke keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you going to use the sanke. Did you just remove the post? i have 2 sanke kegs sitting in the basement that i eventually plan to use

You mean the valve and dip-tube assembly? Yeah, if you're gonna use a stopper you'd have to remove them. Easy to do, see my youtube video on keg to kettle conversion.

If it helps, I know the opening is exactly 2" so get a stopper that has that as a midpoint diameter.

Thanks all, got them ordered.
Yea I am just going to remove the valve and tube and use them for primaries for my 10G batchs

if you're going to use the sanke kegs as fermenters you might want to check to make sure there's no beerstone at the bottom. i've heard this can cause off flavors or even infection, so just be careful.

james3 said:
if you're going to use the sanke kegs as fermenters you might want to check to make sure there's no beerstone at the bottom. i've heard this can cause off flavors or even infection, so just be careful.

Just got 2 more sanke kegs for my fermenters. Sanke's are in very good condition and after removing the post i dont see any beerstone or sediment at the bottom. I am going to soak the kegs with some disinfectint just to make sure. Thanks for the head up

james3 said:

Just got 2 more sanke kegs for my fermenters. Sanke's are in very good condition and after removing the post i dont see any beerstone or sediment at the bottom. I am going to soak the kegs with some disinfectint just to make sure. Thanks for the head up

Back