What should i turn this into?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surgical_ass

Reaction score
A friend an I have recently started brewing 10 gal batches on his Braumeiser and splitting them. The next batch he is wanting to revisit a crowd pleaser that he mixes some limeaide and oranges in post fermentation. I'm not interested in taking that route but I am open to doing something with the base beer just not sure what. Dosent have to be to any particular style style. The only thing that I can think of is to just throw a saison yeast in it. Help me think outside the box. Hops and grain are set but dryhop and yeast are still up for grab for my 5 gal.

41% 2 row
41% white wheat
8% Vienna
8% brown sugar (10 min)

.25oz cascade 60 min
.25oz cascade 20 min
.25oz sorchi ace 20 min
.25oz sorchi ace 7 min

.5oz sweet orange peel 5 min

His recipe not mine apparently it's worked well in the past. This is the final recipe. Where can I take this from here? Thanks!!

I would say saison yeast and then maybe rack onto fruit (my first thought is blackberries). Or, instead of fruit, throw a bigass charge of Legacy hops for dry hopping (black currant/berry nose to mingle with saison character).

That sounds good. I haven't tried the legacy yet. Since my brew buddy is doing a fruit thing I'll prob stay away from that.

The recipie seems pretty light on the hops. Honestly, I don't know what the brown sugar is going to bring to the flavor or how it will dry it out, but saison yeast sounds good and perhaps dry hop with mosaic if you like.

I agree the hop schedule is a bit odd to me but It has worked for him in the past so I'll roll with it. I thought about just throwing a lager yeast in it and see what happens. In not picky. I haven't checked the bitterness ratio yet but I'd say that Its pretty cohesive with the grain bill

Back