what should i do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokysalsa

Reaction score
i have a batch of pal ale, i pitched a so5 on the 16th, it is not doing anything unless i give it a gentle swirl then it starts to bubble in the air lock for about a min. or two, then it doesn't do any thing for the rest of the day. doesn't look like any pressure pushing on the water line. the gravity is staying the same .015 for the last couple of days. the temp has been around 68deg. ?

Bubbles mean nothing...the airlock is a vent, nothing more...don't think that nothing's happening just because the airlock isn't moving. It is a cheap 2 dollar lump of chinese plastic...not a precision instrument...The only precision instrument that can tell you what is going on is your hydrometer...

Read this,
http://blogs.homebrewtalk.com/Revvy/Think_evaluation_before_action/

I'm sure it is fine...

Bubbles mean nothing...the airlock is a vent, nothing more...don't think that nothing's happening just because the airlock isn't moving. It is a cheap 2 dollar lump of chinese plastic...not a precision instrument...The only precision instrument that can tell you what is going on is your hydrometer...

Read this,
http://blogs.homebrewtalk.com/Revvy/Think_evaluation_before_action/

I'm sure it is fine...

Is it just me or are you cut-n-pasting these days? Maybe you have one of your function keys setup to hot-post. Honestly I feel like you're just going through the motions. Next time try it as a haiku!:cross:

no I'm not cut and pasting nothing! what motions!! I'm just asking a question, isn't this what this forum is about, new people asking questions, to be come better brewers, or am i wrong!!

Is it just me or are you cut-n-pasting these days? Maybe you have one of your function keys setup to hot-post. Honestly I feel like you're just going through the motions. Next time try it as a haiku!:cross:

I've cut and pasted 90 percent of my replies since day one, why should I re-write the same answer over and over???

I've cut and pasted 90 percent of my replies since day one, why should I re-write the same answer over and over???

:mug:

no I'm not cut and pasting nothing! what motions!! I'm just asking a question, isn't this what this forum is about, new people asking questions, to be come better brewers, or am i wrong!!

He was talking to Revvy not you. Yooper told you what you need to know. If the gravity stays the same, it is done. Let it clear and don't agitate. You do not want to oxidize it by shaking and it will be harder to rack clear with yeast and trub in suspension.

Never judge by the airlock. Someday you will have a wicked fast ferment and miss the airlock activity, do not panic. It fermented without you looking. ;)

How's this?

Bubbles mean nothing
airlock is only a vent
use hydrometer.

:D

I feel the love bro
Who could doubt your earnestness
My heart spills over

But still I'm not clear
Did he screw up his first batch?
Is his beer ruined?

I feel the love bro
Who could doubt your earnestness
My heart spills over

But still I'm not clear
Did he screw up his first batch?
Is his beer ruined?

His beer is finished
But Now it needs some rest time
since it was shaken

Give it a few days
it will let the yeast settle
to make your beer clear

I leave mine a month
instead of secondary
my beers are jewels

Noobs need not worry
their beer is hard to ruin
it's very sturdy...

i have a batch of pal ale, i pitched a so5 on the 16th, it is not doing anything unless i give it a gentle swirl then it starts to bubble in the air lock for about a min. or two, then it doesn't do any thing for the rest of the day. doesn't look like any pressure pushing on the water line. the gravity is staying the same .015 for the last couple of days. the temp has been around 68deg. ?

It's done. Like Yooper said, quit shaking it and let it clear for a day, then bottle or keg it.

His beer is finished
But Now it needs some rest time
since it was shaken

Give it a few days
it will let the yeast settle
to make your beer clear

I leave mine a month
instead of secondary
my beers are jewels

Noobs need not worry
their beer is hard to ruin
it's very sturdy...

Nice haikus Revvy
I think I'll make this my last
Lest I get modded!

Thanks Revvy! I Didn't Shake It, Just Rocked It A Tad, Not Enough To Airate It, This Is My First Brew, Thanks For All The Advice.

Back