What Should I brew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidr2340

Reaction score
I've got a 4th of July party to go to... I said I'd brew up some beer to bring in the keg. What do you guys think I should brew, that would appeal to most casual beer drinkers? I'm thinking either a Fat Tire clone, or maybe a Redhook Blonde clone. If it were up to me... It would be a big IPA, but I think that might scare some folks!!! Just looking for some suggestions...
Thanks all!!!

:mug:

My honey pale ale was popular among people who usually drink watery lager. Was sweet and not too hoppy so went down easy but had at least some flavor.

Also it brewed up very quickly and tasted great less than four weeks after pitching.

My local homebrew shop did an article on this recently and said that a "cream ale" was big hit with the casual beer drinking crowd at a wedding. Easy to brew and appeals to a wide variety of tastes.

umm..how do u intend to complete the beeer?
DO you not need to wiat a month when u keg?

make like a belgain ale, (blue moon) throw an orange in there,
and people will love it......and it will look nice with the orange....

everyone i know drinks like miller lite, but everyone will drink blue moon if they had too, or when i make them.even all the girls

bobbydigital said:
umm..how do u intend to complete the beeer?
DO you not need to wiat a month when u keg?
I'm brewing it this weekend... 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, and if need be, shake the hell out of it and FORCE carb it in the keg!

I vote wheat. Bavarian hefeweizen. Even people who don't like beer like hefeweizens.

10days primary..into keg until the 4th:mug:

Beerrific said:
I vote wheat. Bavarian hefeweizen. Even people who don't like beer like hefeweizens.

10days primary..into keg until the 4th:mug:
A hefe might be the winner...

bobbydigital said:
make like a belgain ale, (blue moon) throw an orange in there,
and people will love it......and it will look nice with the orange....

everyone i know drinks like miller lite, but everyone will drink blue moon if they had too, or when i make them.even all the girls

I'd have to agree with that. I brewed my Blue Moon clone on May 19, kegged it on May 31, and I'm drinking it now. Just a tad green and but nothing another 7-14days in the keg won't fix.

Back