what should I brew with this?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

killian

Reaction score
Im brewing in the morning but I dont know what to brew here are the ingredients that I have.

20 lbs 2 row base malt
.5 lbs munich
.5 lbs chocolate
.5 lbs vienna
1.5 lbs crystal 60 L
.25 lbs dark crystal
.5 lbs roasted barley

hops

6oz colombus 15 IBU
1oz centenial 9.9 IBU

2 packets nottingham yeast

Im trying to brew 10 gallons with out buying anything else, I know the hops have high IBU's but they are all I have so any one have any Ideas?:confused:

Reaction score
figure your est OG with all the grains you have figure the IBU you would like and just brew it. It all looks like a brown ale to me not sure about the hops but keep your IBU in the 45 range and call it a strange brew. you just never know...
good luck
JJ
p.s. just keep it clean, take good notes, ferment on temp and you cant go wrong!

CBBaron

Reaction score
jaybird said:
figure your est OG with all the grains you have figure the IBU you would like and just brew it. It all looks like a brown ale to me not sure about the hops but keep your IBU in the 45 range and call it a strange brew. you just never know...
good luck
JJ
p.s. just keep it clean, take good notes, ferment on temp and you cant go wrong!
This sounds like a good idea to me also. It looks like it would be somewhere in the Brown Ale or Porter category. Dropping some of the dark malts and increasing the hops might give you a dark IPA. My IPAs tend to be on the brown side.
I think if you keep the malts and hops in a reasonable balance and watch your technique you will produce a good beer.

Craig

thebikingengineer

Reaction score
Throw it all in the MLT, call it a dark brown. 1-1.5 oz of fuggles @ 60 min and maybe a 30 min addition and you should be set.