What should I brew next? Don't make me decide.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolly

Reaction score
I have no idea what to brew next. I have a four tap kegerator and I like all styles. Here's what I have on tap right now:

Bell's two hearted IPA clone
Oak aged pecan porter
Session strength saison with wyeast #3711

I'm having a hell of a time deciding what to put on my fourth tap. Anything but a brown ale - I've got a bunch of those in bottles already.

Thanks!

I can tell you what's on my "to-brew" list:

1. Belgian Tripel or Golden Strong
2. Scotch Ale
3. ESB
4. Pumpkin Porter
5. Bock (Ale style) Might use German Ale Yeast

Based on what you have already, I'd say maybe an ESB or Scotch Ale.

I have a chocolate coconut brown that is just about done bottle conditioning, and I've snuck a few early samples already. The recipe needs some serious tweaking, and I had thought it wouldn't be a good summer beer -- but Saturday night I took my 2-year-old son backyard camping, and we roasted marshmallows, and HOLY CRAP, I never thought a beer would go well with toasted marshmallows, but suddenly this beer where my reaction had been, "It's interesting, and a good start, but needs a lot of tweaks" turned into "This is sooo good!"

Start development on your "house pale ale". A pale ale that you can do again and again modifying it each time until it perfectly fits your tastes.

I can tell you what's on my "to-brew" list:

1. Belgian Tripel or Golden Strong
2. Scotch Ale
3. ESB
4. Pumpkin Porter
5. Bock (Ale style) Might use German Ale Yeast

Based on what you have already, I'd say maybe an ESB or Scotch Ale.

Mmmmm pumpkin porter sounds delish! Recipe?

Kolsch! I've been on a bender with this style. My last kolsch keg was gone in about 2 weeks, currently have a munich helles done with kolsch yeast lagering in the keezer. Tasty tasty.

Kolsch! I've been on a bender with this style. My last kolsch keg was gone in about 2 weeks, currently have a munich helles done with kolsch yeast lagering in the keezer. Tasty tasty.

I second this! Next summer I am going to have a Kolsch ready for the first day I cut grass. Nothing more crisp and refreshing!

Back