What should I brew for my second beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
I was going to wait until my first brew was done but it looks like everything is going ok. If it has any off flavors the blueberry extract should cover it up. I just don't want to stop the flow of beer in my house as I need it to flow for the next 5 months until I move.

I was thinking about doing a Blue moon clone but fear it might be a bit to hard for me at this point. Also, after you add the yeast and other stuff it comes out to be a bit more than 29 bucks.

I am looking for something cheap, easy and taste good. Faster brew time would be nice too. The place in town had most recipe kits for about 36 bucks so I am looking to beat that price.

Without knowing what you LIKE it's a difficult question. I did a Blue Moon clone recently (AHS) and it's pretty good. I am still liking the Coopers pre-hopped extract line (a LOT).
Great for session beers, takes less than a couple hours for me (novice) to do.
If the pipeline is more important than the learning-curve I'd recommend extract over partial mash. YMMV?

I was going to wait until my first brew was done but it looks like everything is going ok. If it has any off flavors the blueberry extract should cover it up. I just don't want to stop the flow of beer in my house as I need it to flow for the next 5 months until I move.

I was thinking about doing a Blue moon clone but fear it might be a bit to hard for me at this point. Also, after you add the yeast and other stuff it comes out to be a bit more than 29 bucks.

I am looking for something cheap, easy and taste good. Faster brew time would be nice too. The place in town had most recipe kits for about 36 bucks so I am looking to beat that price.

What are you in the mood to drink? Brew that way, Most Style are fairly simple.

You could make a nice Brit Pale ale for your 2nd brew. Steep some crystal and Chocolate Malts or Maybe even some Special B and use some Light Dme.

liquid yeast is like 6 bucks and dry yeast is around 2. personally I went with dry because i'm not yet completely understanding of how to do a starter.

After shipping and the yeast it came out to like $29 which is still cheaper than buying a canned kit with 3 lbs of dme. and makes better beer.

Yeah guys I think I will be buying more things online from now. Things just cost too much at the local store.

Back