What should I brew for my 2nd batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
My first batch (a nut brown ale) has been bottled for three weeks as of today, so I'm getting ready to try it!

I've been getting antsy about brewing another batch, but can't decide what to brew? I love wheat beers and have been wanting to do a hefeweizen, but by the time it's ready, we'll be well into fall and I feel like wheat beers are for summer. Any suggestions? I'm still new, so don't want something too complicated.

Wheat beers tend to take less time before they're ready to bottle. You could take a wheat beer to bottle in 2 weeks.

If you're trying to brew according to season, I'd consider a spiced winter ale, or a strong ale.

Wheat beers tend to take less time before they're ready to bottle. You could take a wheat beer to bottle in 2 weeks.

If you're trying to brew according to season, I'd consider a spiced winter ale, or a strong ale.

I do love Harpoon Winter...so something like that would be fantastic. Any particular kits your recommend?

I would make something like a robust porter. A little higher ABV, darker and great for the fall, but still not a complicated recipe.

I've never actually done a kit :) Made every one of my recipes, for better or for worse.

You can probably accomplish it with some amber DME and a winter spice blend (allspice, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, etc. but pick what you like), and by steeping some caramel malt. Do a search on here for "winter warmer" for ideas.

I've never actually done a kit :) Made every one of my recipes, for better or for worse.

You can probably accomplish it with some amber DME and a winter spice blend (allspice, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, etc. but pick what you like), and by steeping some caramel malt. Do a search on here for "winter warmer" for ideas.

I'd still prefer an ingredient kit at this point since I'm so new to the hobby.

or try northern brewer, but a Belgium Wit is always nice and also if you want a nice chocolate porter recipe pm me.

Back