what podcasts do you listen to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
Just curious on what everyone is listening to

Mine daily/weekly listenings are

The dan patrick show
The joe rogan show
Various NPR podcasts
The brewing networks podcasts

filmspotting
science friday
radio west
astronomycast

And a few other local ones. Btw, 666 posts! Congratulations.

If I listen to any it would be TBN or Basic Brewing. I don't listen to them very much.

My daughter listens to some strange thing that's like a fake newscast, but it supposed to be just plain weird. I think they report on fake strange occurrences. Not sure the name, but i can find out.

Radiolab (very well done podcast)
TAL
NPR Planet Money
The Brewing Network
occasionally Motley Fool Money

I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast, and a few brewing podcasts like Basic Brewing Radio, the BeerSmith podcast, and if I'm really desperate for something to listen to, TBN Presents the Jamil Show. I really want to like that podcast, but it's just soooo terrible. It's waaay longer than it needs to be, the commercials are obnoxious, they take forever to actually get to talking about the beer that's supposed to be the topic of that episode (you can safely skip over at least the first 10 minutes of every episode, as it's just pointless, inane banter and crass, juvenile sexual double entendres), and then when they finally do actually talk about the beer, it's really at such a cursory level as to be almost useless. They don't go into its origins, sample recipes, tips and tricks about brewing that specific style, etc. They just read the BJCP description and sample a couple commercial examples, comparing them to each other.

Jamil is an icon in the brewing world - I really wish he had a better podcast. It feels like such a waste of his abilities.

some NPR podcasts like Fresh Air
Barbara Simpson from KSFO(her voice makes me sleepy)
Michael Colameco for cooking tips
Dr. Ronald Hoffman for health tips, advice, updates,
Local Gardening show for tips on gardening as I'm thinking of growing my own fruits and veggies when I get my own home.
The Brewing Network(Those guys are a riot, lol)

mainly The Session (brewing network)

just got into the Joe Rogan Experience and totally dig it..

Basic Brewing Radio
Friday Night Science
Skeptics Guide to the Universe
Brewing Network
Friday Night Comedy Podcast - BBC Radio 4
TWIS (This week in Science)
Dr. Karl on the JJJ
TWIT - Leo Laporte
Stuff you Should Know

I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast, and a few brewing podcasts like Basic Brewing Radio, the BeerSmith podcast, and if I'm really desperate for something to listen to, TBN Presents the Jamil Show. I really want to like that podcast, but it's just soooo terrible. It's waaay longer than it needs to be, the commercials are obnoxious, they take forever to actually get to talking about the beer that's supposed to be the topic of that episode (you can safely skip over at least the first 10 minutes of every episode, as it's just pointless, inane banter and crass, juvenile sexual double entendres), and then when they finally do actually talk about the beer, it's really at such a cursory level as to be almost useless. They don't go into its origins, sample recipes, tips and tricks about brewing that specific style, etc. They just read the BJCP description and sample a couple commercial examples, comparing them to each other.

Jamil is an icon in the brewing world - I really wish he had a better podcast. It feels like such a waste of his abilities.

That is what I think about the sunday session, it seems like 3/4 of the show has nothing more to offer than what I could get by going to a brewpub for three hours and listening to the drunken conversation at the next table. However, the little part of the show where they get down to business can be pretty valuable. I wish they did an edit that cuts out the conversation and allows people to get the meat and potatoes of the show.

Back