What is your favorite opener?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the counter top. Doesn't score any points with the significant other, but it makes me think I am cool as hell.

My baseball cap has a bottle opener built into the brim. Was given to me by Tree Brewing at the Canada Cup of Beer. Works great except when my friends decide to use it and end up hitting my eye instead.

My baseball cap has a bottle opener built into the brim. Was given to me by Tree Brewing at the Canada Cup of Beer. Works great except when my friends decide to use it and end up hitting my eye instead.

Dammit! You beat me to it! I have one, too, from Point Brewery in Stevens Point, WI. 'Cept mine is black.

Um, you're supposed to take the hat off your head before using it............

Point_Bottle_Ope_48f76b08d3807.jpg

A sore subject, as my most valued opener broke recently.

My grandmother went to Italy/Vatican and the souvenir she brought back for me was a bottle opener. It had a picture of the Vatican on one side, and a picture of PJP on the other. I fondly referred to it as the "popener", but most just called it the church key.

Now I just use a lighter.
I've got one of these, my wife and I got married and we just had to have a pope bottle opener.. we're not catholic, but listen to the catholic guy on sirius.. so.. had to have one

I use my wedding ring...One day I saw a Rolling Rock commercial with a guy getting married and all his buddies were making fun of the ring on his finger until he used it to open a beer. I was very impressed and have been doing it ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one of these, my wife and I got married and we just had to have a pope bottle opener.. we're not catholic, but listen to the catholic guy on sirius.. so.. had to have one

Yep, I bought a popener outside the Vatican (twice, actually).

I use my wedding ring...One day I saw a Rolling Rock commercial with a guy getting married and all his buddies were making fun of the ring on his finger until he used it to open a beer. I was very impressed and have been doing it ever since.

When I got my Aggie ring it has become my go-to bottle opener forever more :D You build up a little calus on the inside of your middle finger after awhile, and it looks awesome as hell when someone is standing there with a capped bottle and a "woe is me" expression on their face to walk by, flash your hand over their beer, and wapah!!! No bottle cap!
ring%2005.jpg

Klein tools "Beverage Tool". Go to Home Depot and read the package, it made me laugh.

hey, I have one of those!
Not my favorite, but the most readily available is my wedding ring.
I really like the wine key with bottle opener on it.
I bought my dad a pair of sandals that have a bottle opener on them, I think they are called "Reef". Pretty cool.

I have tried opening bottles with my wedding ring and am pretty sure my finger will snap off before the cap gives. I have pretty bony fingers though i suppose.

I use a beat up old sam addams opener. I found it one day while running, attached to someone's lost rusty keys in a snowbank. Recently, my friend barely touched it and it broke at the base. I claim that he's pure evil and that the bottle opener could sense it, and that's why it snapped. I still have it btw, just not on the keychain anymore. He gave me a replacement pacifico keychain one, but it sucks =(.

I've used my wedding ring as well (it's tungsten carbide) and though it does work it takes a few tries (it's not flat on the inside it's "comfort fit" slightly rounded) but generally just hurts. I keep some regular old church keys on a hard drive magnet attached to the side of the fridge... or anything.

I have a Guinness key chain that I got at the brewery in Dublin while I was studying over there. When I bought it I didnt think I would use it very much, It just looked cool, but its the best thing i've ever purchased...ever.

I haven't tried my wedding ring, it's black titanium and even though it's tough as hell it does scratch.

Here's my favorite:
3355230946_f9c5babe80.jpg

It gets used in summer more because it's attached to this:
3355231034_a1b4b803b8.jpg

:rockin:
What a wild ride!

Back