What is your favorite opener?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tolip_ck1

Reaction score
Mine is a paint can opener…. For some reason I am always in the garage and this is the only thing I have, how about yours?

IMG_9707 (Large).jpg

I like the cap wrench as well. Since I do keep bottled beer in my keezer, I recently added a standard opener mounted to that as well.

The silver opener on the trim was a gift from my wife back when we were dating. Cast "Fender" bottle opener. I've had it for about 10 years now and just got to hang it up a year ago.

2693194228_c2641ccbb4.jpg

My favorite opener is, "Excuse me miss, does this smell like chloroform?"

Ha...

When I moved last June I neglected to pack any bottle opener whatsoever so, to this day, I have been using the one on the handle of my corkscrew...

You must not have ever played co-ed league softball. I've had bottle openers on my key chain since turning 21... or maybe for a while longer than that. :D

I always have my leatherman with me (though I do miss by swiss army knife's opener, it was better). When I'm in the house I have a wire opener attached to a janitor's retractable keychain that is tied to the fridge.

SpillStop_13-206.jpg

For the garage I have a wall mount
homebrewed.jpg

You must not have ever played co-ed league softball. I've had bottle openers on my key chain since turning 21... or maybe for a while longer than that. :D

I had one on my keychain forever, it recently fell off and I've yet to replace it. Long story short, I use a lighter to open beers when nothing else is available...

I have one that's a hammer with the claw end being a bottle opener.Came as a set with a corkscrew having a long flat blade screwdriver bit in it.Always in the drawer.

I like the Beck's brushed SS opener I got free, by joining the Key Club or whatever it was. I leave it on the Sanyo. In the garage, I have a SS hospitality cart with a granite top that has a mounted opener and SS cap bin. In the Barn, anything close by.

2009_Winter_Beer_Fest_005.jpg

My Beck's opener is in my wallet. Other than trying it out for the first time, I have yet to use it. Still it's there.

I have a cheap abita keychain swag I got from a brew festival that has been on my keychain forever. Other than that I have a new castle bottle opener that was given to me at a local bar that I use at home.

Swiss army knife, the "Tinker" model from Victorinox, it's the one in about 80% of the MacGyver episodes.

one of 2 Wine Corkscrew bottle opener combos, Small thin simple opener, or the mounted guiness Cast one attached to the bar for commercial brews. I've yet to find a keychain opener that is small enough to not bulge a pocket, but sturdy enough to open bottles.

I have on that is a corkscrew on one end and a bottle opener on the other. I get a kick out of people who look at the corkscrew end and aske me how to use it open bottles when they are holding the bottle opener end in the palm of their hand. It's silly but it makes me laugh.

Guinness key chain I've had since I was about 16 and a flat New Belgium one that fits in my wallet.Never go anywhere without one or the other.

Stoli Orange works pretty well on SWMBO. I keg therefore I don't need or use a bottle opener all that much . I usually just use a quarter

A sore subject, as my most valued opener broke recently.

My grandmother went to Italy/Vatican and the souvenir she brought back for me was a bottle opener. It had a picture of the Vatican on one side, and a picture of PJP on the other. I fondly referred to it as the "popener", but most just called it the church key.

Now I just use a lighter.

A sore subject, as my most valued opener broke recently.

My grandmother went to Italy/Vatican and the souvenir she brought back for me was a bottle opener. It had a picture of the Vatican on one side, and a picture of PJP on the other. I fondly referred to it as the "popener", but most just called it the church key.

Now I just use a lighter.

So good I looked it up.
http://romegiftshop.com/pojopaiiboop.html

A hand crafted stainless steel wonder, done by a blacksmith close to my friends winery.

photo-752491.jpg

My MagicHat keychain. On a side note, there are like 3 other guys in my homebrew club that have the same one... weird

Back