What is your favorite color? (yeast)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
What is your favorite yeasts? I know everybody loves 1056 but what are other yeasts you like for pale ales, IPA, IIPA, ESB? What about them do you like? For instance I LOVE 2112 california lager for my IPA's. I don't know anyone else who has even tried it, but I LOVE THAT YEAST!!! It is a mellow yeast that dosn't have the old penny taste I always get with 1056. (Note that the temperature range celing on 2112 is 68*F.)

I've used wyeast 2112 for a variety of batches from cream ales to light American lagers. Anything that I want a clean malty flavor in and I love the flocculation. It is probably one of my favorites as well. I really like the California Ale strain from white labs, apart from having the "California" title in common this strain can also be used in all kinds of beer styles IMO.

I'm a big fan of wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale for pretty much any ale. It has just a good solid ale taste without any strange flavors.

Back