What is with the Gnomes?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all this guys fault...that's all I can say.

celeb020.jpg

I always start these F'in threads!!!!!! I'm serious guys! FTW with the gnomes?

Gnome: The word gnome comes from the Greek word "gnosis" meaning knowledge. This was applied to them because it was said that they knew the exact location of precious metals. They are usually depicted as grotesque dwarves wearing tight-fitting brown clothes and monastic hoods. They live underground and guard the earth's treasures. Hard-working and usually depicted as being old, they can dissolve into the trunks of trees to hide from humans. Sometimes they are confused with goblins, but gnomes are usually good-natured, hard- working and reliable whereas goblins are malevolent. They do tend to be sad however, because they rule in cold places. Typically, they live for hundreds of years. These vegetarians are one of the four groups of elementals.

What the f**k it has to do with homebrew, I have no clue and don't think anyone else does either, but they make a cute avatar...:D

It all started with a Brat Packer

Last edited:
I have a gnome that raids my kegerator and makes beer disappear faster than lightning. I have never seen it, but I know its there. I've ruled out the gnome in my avatar. He is just a garden gnome with an outlandish sense of humor.

Back