What is used equipment worth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine is selling a TON of home brew equipment as her husband is leaving to Iraq in May. The question is how much are kornies worh anyway.

Not a clue on what shape they are in. Also - she has 14 Party Pigs - how much can she ask for those ??? 12 - 6 gallon carboys?

Once I get a REAL idea of what she has I'll post it but I get first dibs.

I'd be interested in corneys and a few of the carboys and a keggle/march pump if he's got one available. I'd also be willing to throw in both a farewell / welcome home packages of homebrew/micro's.

Just to answer the obvious question - I BELIEVE he gave up the hobby and his wife wants it out of her basement.

I don't know the exact situation.

I'd pay 20-25 for a used cornelius keg, 10-15 for a used glass carboy, and 0 for a used party pig.

A new carboy costs me 23 at the lhbs. Party pigs are useless in kegging. corny kegs are usually refurbished at around 40.

This has domestic violence written all over it after this guy gets back from Iraq and discovers his old lady sold all his home brew equipment.

This has domestic violence written all over it after this guy gets back from Iraq and discovers his old lady sold all his home brew equipment.

not so much on the domestic violence end... but I have seen my fair share of my buddies return home after deployment only to find an empty house, and all the money he made on deployment - gone...

I've often wondered what type of person would leave a husband or wife when at their most vulnerable....

poor bastard.

Yeah, that's a sad thing....It think anyone who sticks around the military a while has seen this happen. The worst is when one person is spending the money, cheating, etc. when the other is 4,000 miles away and can do nothing about it.

+1 to Ed's idea.....consider it a deposit. I guess it all depends on how well you know the guy.

not so much on the domestic violence end... but I have seen my fair share of my buddies return home after deployment only to find an empty house, and all the money he made on deployment - gone...

I've often wondered what type of person would leave a husband or wife when at their most vulnerable....

poor bastard.

Man, I have seen so many buddies wives piss away $15k of tax free money, combat pay, family sep, etc. It always somehow blows my mind away.

Man, I have seen so many buddies wives piss away $15k of tax free money, combat pay, family sep, etc. It always somehow blows my mind away.

One of my cohorts on deployment's wife used his cash to take multiple trips to sunny mexico (with the kids) to hook up with her new mexican internet boyfriend.... he's now re-married and has custody.

Wow this thread went uber sad, maybe he just had some extra junk and he isn't into it anymore..... those who would take advantage of our serving members should have a special reservation in hell.

I would pay $20 per corny, only because that is all I am willing to pay for them, new, reconditioned or otherwise.

It seems he has 12 party pigs because his friends would purchase the ingredients and he would fill up the pigs.

I have not seen any actual "brewing" yet. I think I'm going over this coming weekend. She had 5g carboys and did not know that some were 6g.

Yea, this thread bummed me out...

debbie_downer.jpg

Stevorino - Can you really get 6 gallon carboys for $23 at you lhbs? Our store went up to $45 since they can only get them from Italy now.

I think you need to stock up on some of those!

+2 I would even sell them back cheaper.

Why not even if he is a good friend offer to give her a few bucks for use and if he wants them back when he gets home you can just give them back if not come to a fair price then? At least youd get some use and he would know they are being taken care of cleaned sanitized etc,

I'd pay 20-25 for a used cornelius keg, 10-15 for a used glass carboy, and 0 for a used party pig.

A new carboy costs me 23 at the lhbs. Party pigs are useless in kegging. corny kegs are usually refurbished at around 40.

I'm not sure about the party pigs but everything else sounds bang on to me.

Back