What is this for? What is it called?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
Please help :). It looks like it goes on top of a Carboy.

-cannman

image-2059467594.jpg

carboy cap...you can use it instead of a stopper to hold an airlock in place. You can also put a racking cane down the middle and start a siphon easily by blowing on the longer end.

yep, carboy cap. if its big enough you can stretch it over the neck of a sankey and ferment in one of those too.

:off:
Did I mention we sell Carboy Caps? They're made of unobtanium harvested from the planet Xerox during lunar eclipses

Well... I've been known to touch down on Earth (occasionally)
What do you expect? I was born in the great state of confusion. :confused:

:off: Sorry for hijacking, but I've often wondered if those carboy caps will fit on a better bottle? And, I love the "put one on a sanke and ferment in it" idea!!

:off: Sorry for hijacking, but I've often wondered if those carboy caps will fit on a better bottle? And, I love the "put one on a sanke and ferment in it" idea!!

They fit, but not airtight. Much better to use a rubber bung.

Here's the only carboy cap I have. Holds auto-siphon at variable height and keeps the bugs out:

autosiphon_holder_1.JPG

They fit, but not airtight. Much better to use a rubber bung.

Here's the only carboy cap I have. Holds auto-siphon at variable height and keeps the bugs out:

Great idea! Did you enlarge the hole so the auto-siphon would fit, or did it come that way?

studmonk3y said:
carboy cap...you can use it instead of a stopper to hold an airlock in place. You can also put a racking cane down the middle and start a siphon easily by blowing on the longer end.

Won't blowing increase the risk of contamination???

Back