What is the name of your "Brewery"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few ideas, but nothing is definitive yet. What is the name of your brewery?

I'm not looking to steal anyone's idea I'd just like to know what everyone came up with and why.

One of my racing friends dubbed me "Blue Flag Brewing" in honor of the racing flag painted on the hood of my car slightly humorously.

800px-Auto_Racing_Blue.svg.png

It is a cautionary flag that means "Faster car approaching behind you."

My wife had some stick-on labels printed for me for our anniversary. She had asked in passing what I would call my beer if I ever retired rich and decided to open a brewpub.. I thought for a bit, and took both my size and surname into account.. I told her "I don't know, hon. Probably 'Fat Woody's.'"

It's stuck now that it's printed on labels.. So that's it. :mug:

My wife had some stick-on labels printed for me for our anniversary. She had asked in passing what I would call my beer if I ever retired rich and decided to open a brewpub.. I thought for a bit, and took both my size and surname into account.. I told her "I don't know, hon. Probably 'Fat Woody's.'"

Haha, nice.

Nice lol

Right now, I would probably call it Old Fogey's, cause allot of the beer I make is bitter and kind of pissed off like an old man

btw, there is a aged scotch ale named Fat Woody brewed by Silver City Brewery, it is an oak aged version of their already outstanding Fat Scotch ale (formerly fat bastard scotch ale, but had to change the name due to it already being used by an Australian wine)

Eurus Brewing. Means East Wind God

When I was younger, I swear I used to be able to predict wind gusts and sometimes strange things would happen with winds and such. And the East has a great deal of meaning to me as well. So....I put the two together and used the East wind God.

Pariah Breweries, because in my fruitless attempts to get my friends involved in brewing I realized that they saw brewing as just one of my "obsessive articles".

I'd tell you, but it's so good that I don't want anyone to take it before I could use it :)
I'll give you a hint - it's the same name I'd use for a rock band if I ever started one.

I think I am going to do 'Sinister Brewing Company'.

I've used the tag online a few times, mainly because when I was younger I always thought Mr Sinister from X Men was a pure badass :p.

But I think I could theme all of my beers pretty well with that. A friend yesterday helped me with the idea of my Oatmeal Stout I have conditioning right now: Corrupted Quaker.

Retarded Penguin Brewing. Because the first bottle caps I ever used had a sea turtle on them, but I told everybody it looked more like a retarded penguin. so thus retarded penguin brewing became the name I go by.

I'm in between two at the moment
Crane's Nest Brewing it's ok uses my last name and i grew up on the cheasapeake so it's kind fo fitting.

BUT A friend came up with one during I daily Hockey e-mail talks. Off-Sides Brewing (or Brew House). It kind of has a multiple meaning. I'm a Capitals fan in Flyers Territory, and offsides is in hockey, lacrosse, and soccer (My 3 favorite sports).

Along those lines I came up with "Sin Bin Brew House" (name after the penatly box). As a gimmick I'm label my beers after hockey terms/Caps players and a cheap pubicity stunt for the blog. Choosing a name is almost as frustrating as chosing what to brew

Black Diamond Brewing - combines two of my interests (skiing and beer). Unfortunately, last I checked, some lawyer out in SF holds a trademark on it, so if I decide to go pro, I will need to work it out with him. It's something I'm thinking about.

i named mine JewRican Brew Works as I am half jew and half puerto rican lol

My is "Coles Brewing Co.", named after my great great grandfather who studied brewing in England and was a prosperous brewer in Charlottetown, PEI.

Mine changes with my mood. Right now I like "Dead Horse Brewing Co.—You can't beat a Dead Horse!"

It's this for now, buy I don't think it does justice to the awesomeness of my new brew haus. So a change may be in the works.:D

brewerylogo.jpg

Still deciding between 3, IBS Brew Werks, International City Brewing Co. both of these are referrences to Long Beach, Ca where I live. It used to be referred to as Iowa by the Sea and now it's the International City and lastly Sickle Fin Brewing, I'm also big into saltwater fishing and the sickle of a large billfish or tuna works.

I have 2 daughters, Catelynn and Madison. So Mad Cat Brewery was born. I don't have a logo yet but was thinking of using this picture.

madcat.jpg

I call mine "Little Monster Brewing" after my children who I call "little monsters". It started when I would title my home movies that we would sent our family "A Little Monster Movie" and then I decided to keep it for my labels.

Now if only I can come up with decent artwork to go with the name. :D

My brewery is named Snakey Holler Brewery after the windy road just before the Nada Tunnel in Red River Gorge, which happens to be one of my favorite places on Earth.

Latest posts

Back