What is the definition of session?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if there is an official definition. I'd say less than 4.8% ABV (i.e. less than the typical 12-Plato beer).

I had the same question a while back.
It's a beer you can drink for an entire drinking "session" and still be able to function when the session is over. Imagine yourself taking a mid-day break. You can drink as much as you like during your break. But remember, you have to function after lunch.

period of doing something: a period of time during which people are involved in an activity together

^ fitting definition of a "session"

If the session is long enough, the proper beer may not exist.

League dart night could be a session, a poker game could be a session, watching a UFC ppv with your pals could be a session. A round of golf. To me, anything that i'm gonna be drinking at, away from home, consists of a session. So i'd rather not be obliterated and still have to find my way home. On the other hand, if the UFC ppv is on at my house, or if I hitched a ride to the golf course, or if the dart game is at the bar around the corner, abv, and quantitty go out the window.

Back