What is a "Beer Protector Cap"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
Just saw a Miller adv and they are using a special cap to lock in flavor and keep out air. Don't all caps do that???
And as far as keeping in flavor Miller should work on the flavor part.

It's another marketing ploy, as if triple hopping was enough....:rolleyes:

More than likely they are using oxygen absorbing caps...and more than likely, most commercial brewers do as well.

The irony of the situation is, the biggest reason people use the more expensive barrier caps is if they are planning to store their beer long term.....Like Barleywines and old ales....

And MBC's pride themselves on having "born on dates," to stress how "fresh" their beer is...so the use of the caps is superfluous.

My friend and I were talking about this today and now it is on the forum LOL. They must really think that the general public is a bunch of idiots. I know not everyone knows the process of brewing but between this and triple hops brewed they are taking it pretty far haha. :drunk:

For the most part the general public are a bunch of idiots.Not just when it comes to beer.;)

Well, these are the guys that want you to drink their beer, not taste it. Goes along the "Champagne of Beers" and "King of Beers" lines. At least Coors had the cool color changing label.

It's all been said before. They are selling to the masses. I don't know **** about crocheting but I bet there's someone out there that can tell me everything and more about it. Don't get too upset. Not everyone is into craft beer..........unfortunately.

I dunno, even if you believe all the king of beer, champagne of beer, triple hopped, lock in flavor, etc. Anyone should be smart enough to know if the beer is cold, Coors doesn't even give you that much credit. - Dwain

Back