What have i done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooglebass

Reaction score
I brewed a kit on saturday, followed the instructions to a T. Sanitized every thing, cleaned everything like i was to do. Placed the wort in the bucket with the water and this is what i have today Do i have an infection?

LOL, wow what a newb. I need to find a better bucket for this. Only making a 3 gallon batch and i think i have to much head space. Ill just keep the blow off tube for another day or two and then add the air lock. Thanks again.

You beer looks fine. Like you said, your cleanliness and sanitation were spot on. Was there much activity the last few days? You could take a SG reading but if I were you I'd just forget about it until the Saturday after next, then take a reading. If it is where it should be take another a few days later. If they are both the same bottle/keg it the following Saturday.

In the mean time what are you brewing next?

Behold!!! You have made beer. The Gods opened up the heavens and have allowed you to partake in the historically relevant act of fermentation. Now say 10 hail marys and fill another bucket with beer already.

Headspace will not hurt you. With a bucket and headspace ou have no need for a blowoff tube an airlock will suffice fine. Blow off tubes are used in carboys with nowhere for the foam to go but out the neck into your airlock and all over SWMBO's floor. In other words they are great doghouse preventers.

This is an easy wheat kit from great fermentation's. Needing something else to brew next. Only 2.5 to 3 gallons max batch. So i am open to suggestions. thinking maybe an ale or something, was going to do a hoegaarden clone. going to wait on that just cause i have this wheat already.

Back