What happens when you don't have anything on tap that you feel like drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know the answer to this but I am going home and am not really excited about drinking anything I have on tap. I want something bitter.

So I guess I have to stop at the store on the way home and break down and buy beer :( I have a Jolly Roger Christmas Ale waiting for me too though, 9% of pure awesomeness aged from last year.

I buy beer, still. I call it research :) I probably couldn't drink 5 gallons of spiced winter something ale in a whole year, but a few bombers are good.

Yea, I still think I buy just as much beer now as before I brewed. Now I just drink more...

Yeah, I do still buy beer too, maybe not as much, I usually just buy the oddball stuff that I haven't tried or season stuff.

I may have to break into my good stash with the Chico estate harvest ale, gotta save the Pliny for a side by side with the clone though.

Don't hold on to the chico estate. It will not age well. Same with Pliny, but that looks like it is almost ready.

It is hard to ignore the warning on the pliny bottle ;)

3727910693_abb1273dea_o.jpg

>>> he's the man
pliny-bottling-015.jpg

It's simple. You go to the store set to buy a few of that beer that does appeal to your palate now,

and end up walking out the door with $150 worth of beer while trying to figure out how to explain to her why, when you brew and have 6 full taps, you bought so much beer.

It's simple. You go to the store set to buy a few of that beer that does appeal to your palate now,

and end up walking out the door with $150 worth of beer while trying to figure out how to explain to her why, when you brew and have 6 full taps, you bought so much beer.

Yeah, the smwbo already does that when we are at the store "you don't need beer when you have all that at home" or when we are at home and she sees "the closet" with all my beers.

I always keep a few cases of craft beer around. They are rarely styles I brew, because I wouldn't want 5 gallons of them.

I find myself nowadays drinking mainly homebrew but mixing in 3-4 different beers from the store with 4-5 homebrews. This cuts down the cost of my nights at home but I still get to taste different craft beers out for the season and gives me some ideas.

That is why I bottle the last gallon or 2 of beers from the keg if I really like the beer. (I do not enjoy bottling so you know the beer has to be good.)
I buy commercial beer all the time when I'm out at a bar, but I do that becuase I'm single and I don't have a hottie serving me beers at home. Also, I prefer to be a social drinker, and my friends have a hard time coming over to drink with me because they have a hard time driving home. :)

I know the answer to this but I am going home and am not really excited about drinking anything I have on tap. I want something bitter.

So I guess I have to stop at the store on the way home and break down and buy beer :( I have a Jolly Roger Christmas Ale waiting for me too though, 9% of pure awesomeness aged from last year.

I usually have stuff around like Bud Light or Labatt's from a recent party I'll have. If I really need a craft I'll do an SNPA. I am growing less and less interested in commercial craft brews.

Basically it's either BMC or my stuff at this point.

Back