What happend to my yeast ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smancho

Reaction score
This is what i found after 2 weeks in fermentation.

6mVa6c9.png

Did smell like normal yeast, Tasted good.. Don't know what happened thou..

Too much protafloc?

Yes Maybe, usually use way to much.
Maybe 5g (0,1 oz) on 21L (5.5gallons) of wort. Beersmith recommend thou less then half a tee spoon.

Yeast: WLP090 SAN DIEGO SUPER YEAST
Clarity ferm: WLN4000 CLARITY FERM

Fermented in room temp, But try'd to get the temp down with frozen bottles an stuff. so it was around 19-20 celsius (68 Fahrenheit)

Sorry for all data in Liters and Grams, homebrewer from Sweden :drunk:

Did bottle it 4 days ago, and still then it was smelling good and tested good aswell.

Just asking and see so i won't do it again, Don't know if it can make the yeast get all funkey and leave some bad tastes.

1/2 tab for 5 gals is enough protafloc. It looks like too much of it. Rest seems healthy.

Judging from the thin 'fermentation ring' left on the inside of the fermentor wall at the top of the beer, it doesn't look like the fermentation was very vigorous to me.

If we knew the original gravity and what the gravity of the beer is now it would be helpful.

Judging from the thin 'fermentation ring' left on the inside of the fermentor wall at the top of the beer, it doesn't look like the fermentation was very vigorous to me.

If we knew the original gravity and what the gravity of the beer is now it would be helpful.

OG: 1,061
FG: 1,012

6.56% ABV.
Beersmith aimed for 6% abv, with an set efficiency on 75%.
My efficiency where better then expected.

The beer has been soon 2 weeks in bottle and does taste good, A really really small taste of yeast, not more then u get from a bought beer.

Back