What do YOU use to open your beer bottles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how many takes it took to get them all to fall in sequence?

Right before the foosball table, there's a shot where the camera seems like it would have been in the field of view of the previous shots. It's *probably* multiple takes spliced together, but that doesn't make it any less cool, of course.

I use a handmade steel opener crafted by a blacksmith from Winfield, IL. REALLY hefty and has an ornamental grain on one end. Actually my mother bought it for me for Christmas last year.

Metal Meanders LLC - Welcome

g_4.1.jpg

these work even best IMO. don't even bend the cap and a tad bit quicker than your standard bottle opener. much faster than the muchachos in that video!

Bic_Style_Lighter.jpg

I use my wedding ring. just put your ring finger up over the cap with the ring under the lip of the lid and pry. My wife doesn't like it but it works great.

When I used to be a Jeep guy, i used the front bumper. Opened without breaking nearly every time. I learned to decant into an empty bottle to avoid the larger shards for those times it did break the neck. Yeah, I'm a glass carboy brewer. :)
Now that I'm a bit more refined and drive a Land Cruiser, there will be a proper opener bolted to each bumper (when they're finished).

My wife seems to be doing a pretty good job so far, and she is a tad faster than the dominos......

Latest posts

Back