What do you use as a secondary for 10 gal batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
Im gonna be doing my first 10 gal batch soon and i plan to use a spare sankey keg as my primary, but what should i use as a secondary? Ill be making an apricot wheat and id like to add the extract to a secondary but i dont want all that dead space in there to risk oxidization . So what does everyone else use? I was thinking maybe 2 empty cornies and just close em up like i would if kegging

What spare vessels do you have available? The cornies would work just fine if you've got them. You can also split it up into 2 5-gallon carboys. Either would be a good way to minimize dead space.

jamboparty said:
What spare vessels do you have available? The cornies would work just fine if you've got them. You can also split it up into 2 5-gallon carboys. Either would be a good way to minimize dead space.

I have a few spare cornies and a spare plastic carboy. I just also wasnt sure if its a good idea to split up batches just to put in secondaries

Back