What do you think my chances are?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irisndfan2

Reaction score
I am from Harrisburg, PA and I just sent Troegs and email asking if they had any summer internship type jobs for a college kid. I even said I would work unpaid. I figured it was worth a shot. Anybody think I have a chance? haha

Since you are local, why don't you show up and ask to speak to someone in personnel? Take a tour, and ask the guide about opportunities, or have lunch and ask the server.
Anything which gets you face time will be better than a cold call email.

Good luck.

I would think that your chances are pretty good.... They are about to start moving their brewery which will be a lot of work. I'm sure they would rather have an unpaid intern do the grunt work and let their regular staff concentrate on the beer making. Like mentioned above I would stop and and do a tour or just poke around... The brothers are huge fans of homebrewers and are very approachable. Usually its one of them giving the tour anyway.

I appreciate the responses, I unfortunately am in Virginia until spring break. I think I will go in then and see if I can talk to anyone about it.

I'm sure they'll have no problem letting a college kid come in and scrub tanks for them for free. :)

Back