What do you normally carry? (E-ballin!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neunelfer

Reaction score
Lighter and keys missing from picture*. :D

IMG_1200.jpg

*I don't really carry most of that stuff on a daily basis... normally just the keys, wallet, phone and knife. :drunk:

Nothing like walking around with plenty of concealed weapons and a flask full of booze.

And the cigar cutter. Let's not forget about that.

For me it is: wallet, keys, phone. My keychain also has a bottle opener on it, which I use regularly.

cali laws love that sort of thing.. at 24 i highly doubt your fuzz... shined workboots

my inventory:

lg vx6000 (got it in '03 for $150!), bic standard, wallet, key ring (comprised of house, 3 cars, motorcycle, bottle opener), 3" kershaw assist open half cerrated, and sometimes: throwing knives, lock pick set

I used to carry a knife but stopped when I started flying a lot on business trips, even though I don't fly so much now. They really don't like knives at the airport.

For me it is: wallet, keys, phone. My keychain also has a bottle opener on it, which I use regularly.

+1 on the bottle opener keychain. Necessity.

is that a kimber custom tle ii?

Good eye. It's actually just a custom II though. It does have a wolff 18.5lb recoil spring and night sights are in the mail.

cali laws love that sort of thing.. at 24 i highly doubt your fuzz... shined workboots

You mean my running shoes? :D

Nice, I love my kimber, though I don't think I'd love trying to conceal it.

Actually they conceal pretty well. Considering they are single stack they are relatively thin. I thought the same thing until I got a minotaur holster for it. It holds it extremely close to my body and it doesn't print as long as you exercise a bit of care in your movement, mostly with sitting and standing. It's very comfortable though.

CC2.jpg
CC3.jpg

wallet, phone, keys (w/ bottle opener ;)) mini mag, Leatherman Surge, and a box cutter (wouldn't wanna dull up my Leatherman)

Actually they conceal pretty well. Considering they are single stack they are relatively thin. I thought the same thing until I got a minotaur holster for it. It holds it extremely close to my body and it doesn't print as long as you exercise a bit of care in your movement, mostly with sitting and standing. It's very comfortable though.

CC2.jpg
CC3.jpg

That's what I hear. It's still a long, heavy weapon. :) If I was going to CC mine I'd probably use a milt sparks vm2 in horsehide. I've been meaning to get on the waitlist for one of those for a while.

wallet, phone, keys (w/ bottle opener ;)) mini mag, Leatherman Surge, and a box cutter (wouldn't wanna dull up my Leatherman)

There are way better options than a mini mag. Check out candlepowerforums.com and then go to 4sevens.com to buy a replacement for that thing!

my inventory:

lg vx6000 (got it in '03 for $150!), bic standard, wallet, key ring (comprised of house, 3 cars, motorcycle, bottle opener), 3" kershaw assist open half cerrated, and sometimes: throwing knives, lock pick set

Kershaw? I would love to get something from them to carry. I have their kitchen knives and love them.

+1 on the bottle opener keychain. Necessity.

Nonsense, it is just a waste of space in your pocket. If you are good enough you will always be able to open a bottle with something around.

Look? I can guarantee there are at least 2 things within arms reach at all times that I can use to open a bottle. Hell I usually use the knife that I carry with me.

Look? I can guarantee there are at least 2 things within arms reach at all times that I can use to open a bottle. Hell I usually use the knife that I carry with me.
yep i have 4 in reach.

phone lighter chew keys wallet and a pocket knife of some kind at work i have a streamlight flashlight as well (and stray wrenches metal bits etc)

Walmart carries something like that? I thought about all they had was buck and no name ****.

Kershaw? I would love to get something from them to carry. I have their kitchen knives and love them.

Nonsense, it is just a waste of space in your pocket. If you are good enough you will always be able to open a bottle with something around.

Yeah I love going to a friend's house and opening my beer on their brand new kitchen counters, just so I can impress them with my bottle opening skillz.

Anyone whose looking for a really nice, classy-looking, functional pocketknife should look at these http://www.knifesupply.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=FNTK3TW. I got them for the groomsmen at my wedding and they are really well-made, quality knives. I only wish I could afford one for myself! My only gripe is they don't come with a pocket clip. The convex-ground blade is one of the sharpest I've seen from the factory and holds an edge extremely well.

PS. the link above is the cheapest you can find those knives, and they're a good, reputable dealer.

I have a Benchmade pocket knife but I don't carry a knife too much anymore. First off, I almost never need one, and second I want less stuff in my pockets, not more.

I have a Benchmade pocket knife but I don't carry a knife too much anymore. First off, I almost never need one, and second I want less stuff in my pockets, not more.

I have a benchmade I used to carry everyday, but its serrated blade made it much less useful than a non-serrated blade so I carry a cheap chinese knife now with a good quality stainless blade. It's weird you can't find any uses for yours. Mine gets used several times a day.

Yeah I love going to a friend's house and opening my beer on their brand new kitchen counters, just so I can impress them with my bottle opening skillz.

I have never once used a counter. I'm not a ****ing idiot.

i became a real fan of combo blades... great for rope, clothing, etc.. and still boxes, paper, people, lunch with the straight edge.

I have been looking for one. I used to have a nice full straight edge but it got stolen.

i became a real fan of combo blades... great for rope, clothing, etc.. and still boxes, paper, people, lunch with the straight edge.

I find a well-sharpened straight blade works well enough for rope, never tried clothing. And it's much better for whittling/wood. You can't get enough leverage on the end of a blade when the bottom half is serrated.

I have never once used a counter. I'm not a ****ing idiot.

You don't know what you are missing. :drunk:

I find a well-sharpened straight blade works well enough for rope, never tried clothing. And it's much better for whittling/wood. You can't get enough leverage on the end of a blade when the bottom half is serrated.

Yeah, an all-purpose straight blade is great. My carry is serrated, my hunting knife (KA-Bar) is straight blade and my whittling/wood knife is a carving knife. :p

You should try a spiderco sharpmaker. It makes sharpening much easier and actually works really well. It allows you to sharpen at a specific angle repeatedly, and results in pretty sharp knives. I want to learn to be proficient at waterstones but I'm afraid of messing up knives learning.

i'll shoot someone if they molest my new tile counters to open a beer when i have 25 actual openers and a million "survival" openers nearby.

yeah, i like those pick an angle type. but kinda spendy. so i too, avoid stone on "real" stainless knives. chiney knives i break anyways so i don't care too much. and boy are they soft. primary edges in not many strokes.

just one of these. It has to stay in the pocket though, because "any knife you can open with one hand is a weapon in NYC"
s7_516108_renderset_02

B

Back