What do you love about your LHBS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The city is making me get a 3k dollar permit just to have classes on site, I can't imagine what they would say if I told them I was going to be serving.... My occupancy and use permit explicitly says no classes on site

OMG what a total rape job! I would be pissed, as I am sure you are. Hay good luck on the new store. How is it coming along?

CHeers
Jay

One nice kid opened up to me, and said he wanted to start a tap room with everything made in house wine, mead, beer, ect... Even though I don't need to go there for anything, now I have a "Guy".

OMG what a total rape job! I would be pissed, as I am sure you are. Hay good luck on the new store. How is it coming along?

CHeers
Jay

Store is doing well, thanks! It is definitely a ton of work especially because I have a full time gig with the railroad, I get out of work and go straight to the shop to place orders, pay bills, and try to figure how to be better... Although they are long days I really enjoy being there and it has become a home away from home...

Although they are long days I really enjoy being there and it has become a home away from home...

You said it in the last line. That's how I know you will do well.

My lhbs is like walking into a large pantry, they always have fresh ingredients. and friendly service, No matter how busy they are doing store work, they greet every person coming in through the usually open door, If they know their name or their business they will ask about it etc.

They also have space outside where they grow hops and have raised garden beds. In addition to teaching free brewing and wine and cheese making classes, they also teach classes on gardening, composting, canning, preserves making etc. And showing how to tie said techniques into your home brewery. Ie cheese pairing etc

I keep a large inventory of ingredients and supplies, so I don't always have a big order when I go in. But they always thank me for my business whether I'm spending 200 or 2 bucks. They make you feel like family and that will ALWAYS earn my repeat business.

The LHBS near my f-i-l's place (I'll shout out to them if you say its ok) gives me as much service when I purchase $30 of merch as the guy next to me who bought over $300 in merch. I've come in looking for something specific and he got it for me, and I have also come in and said "y'know what I could use some help, I think I want to brew a stout" and he helped me from soup to nuts. Almost like having a personal shopper. For that reason I trust him when he says "I know this product is a bit more expensive, but I really do think it is better for these well-worded reasons." Ultimately, I think if the person behind the counter is just a cash-register operator I am more likely to shop online. If I go to my LBHS I want to talk Homebrew!

By the way, I think treating my small purchase as if it were a big purchase is a very sound business practice. It guarenteed I would be back!

You said it in the last line. That's how I know you will do well.

My lhbs is like walking into a large pantry, they always have fresh ingredients. and friendly service, No matter how busy they are doing store work, they greet every person coming in through the usually open door, If they know their name or their business they will ask about it etc.

They also have space outside where they grow hops and have raised garden beds. In addition to teaching free brewing and wine and cheese making classes, they also teach classes on gardening, composting, canning, preserves making etc. And showing how to tie said techniques into your home brewery. Ie cheese pairing etc

I keep a large inventory of ingredients and supplies, so I don't always have a big order when I go in. But they always thank me for my business whether I'm spending 200 or 2 bucks. They make you feel like family and that will ALWAYS earn my repeat business.

That is a killer write up of your LHBS Thanks for sharing! They are also very lucky to have you as a customer...

Cheers
Jay

Back