What do you get for $141.17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up another bulk order.

55# Marris Otter
50# Pilsen Malt

27.5# Bairds Munich
27.5# Bairds Vienna

10# Ryle Ale Malt
10# Carapils
10# Rice Hulls

190# total for $141.17 - Delivered to a local warehouse.
Bulk_Order.jpg

Add in what I already had on hand and I think I'm set for a few weekends... :D

Bulk_Order_1.jpg

What distributor did you guys do the bulk buy through? We've used North Country/Mid Country with good success.

maltMonkey said:
that's a great deal! Where did you get it from?
One of the guys from a local club coordinates bulk orders among some homebrewers.

We usually get one or two pallets filled and shipped in every 30-45 days. We're essentially paying the same rate as the local micros pay, with some variance based on total poundage.

That Rahr Malting place is just across town from me....wish I know someone that worked there and could just get me super fresh free grain....

mot said:
That Rahr Malting place is just across town from me....wish I know someone that worked there and could just get me super fresh free grain....

Doooood! I'd be there for a part-timer weekend job as a floor sweeper. I'd tell them not to worry about a paycheck, just compensate me with a (my choice) sack of Malted grain every 2 weeks.

A few months of work a year and you'd be set!

mot said:

...there got to be a bar nearby, some 'investement" could go a long way.

Flyers on employees' cars in the parking lot, making sure to avoid the execs' Lincolns/Bemmers?

GilaMinumBeer said:
Doooood! I'd be there for a part-timer weekend job as a floor sweeper. I'd tell them not to worry about a paycheck, just compensate me with a (my choice) sack of Malted grain every 2 weeks.

A few months of work a year and you'd be set!

haha...yeah i am going to check into some of there options

BierMuncher said:
I wonder if they have a "store front" where you could buy supplies.

I havent been down there to take a closer look, I always knew the place was there just never checked it out on what they did. I will deffinaltey be looking into it further

Back