What Do You Do to Keep Your Mind Off Beer When You Can't Drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill a corner keg with water and carbonate it. Then add flavoring on a glass by glass basis. I was amazed at how many water flavoring products are available at the market when I started doing this to cut down on my beer consumption......and weight

I quit drinking soda about 4 years ago. I used lemonade as a transition and quit drinking that as well. Not as to say I'm a health nut. After all, as a member of this site it comes to no surprise that I enjoy beer. I'd say my liquid consumption is about 85% water, 10% coffee, 5% beer.

I'd say I'm 50% water (with a little lime or lemon squeezed in), 30% beer, 20% coffee. I do enjoy the occasional sugar cane small batch style soda but it's probably only a few times a year. There's nothing like a good "craft" root beer or ginger ale when you're in the mood. :ban:

Fill a corner keg with water and carbonate it. Then add flavoring on a glass by glass basis. I was amazed at how many water flavoring products are available at the market when I started doing this to cut down on my beer consumption......and weight

This is actually not a bad idea, however, most carbonated water is way up there in terms of co2 volumes. Since I don't have a separate regulator inside my kegerator (just a 4-way manifold), I can't bump up the PSI for a single keg. I'm not sure how 2.5 volumes would feel compared to 4 volumes...would it be off-putting? Maybe, maybe not.
It might be okay. Could also make quick and easy gin & tonics, if that's what you're into.

Back