What do I need to order to attach my line to my mashking mashtun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Viking

Beer Lover
Reaction score
I have one final step to complete before I can do my first all grain batch and that is figuring out what I need to order to attach my line to my mash tun. My line is silicon and has an ID of 1/2". I already have a compatible clamp too. The mashtun in question is a mash king mashtun and it had a removable grate metal screen so all I need to do is replace the part that I can unscrew, I just need to know what I need to order to replace it. Here are some pictures of everything.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_3209.JPG
    IMG_3209.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3210.JPG
    IMG_3210.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3212.JPG
    IMG_3212.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
On their website it shows this in it, unless there is an add on kit? If not you can order all that stuff in the picture from brewhardware.com or any other place that sells stainless fittings.

Attachments

• 9A982A99-7FC4-404A-AF96-D9443A4F9B86.png
    9A982A99-7FC4-404A-AF96-D9443A4F9B86.png
    905.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CF9D41AB-C6AC-4873-B61B-D16F3AD803D5.png
    CF9D41AB-C6AC-4873-B61B-D16F3AD803D5.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It's odd that they sell that "Mash Tun" with the original cooler parts still installed. Check out these parts for a conversion:

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/mash-king-trub-trap-hardware.html
ETA: And one (or the other) of these, depending on how much space is in the bottom of your tun.

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/12-bazooka-with-coupler.htmlhttps://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/ss-bazooka-coupler-combo.html

I ordered the conversion kit. Thanks for sourceing it for me man! I really hope it fits! My mash tun has a false bottom. Do you think I should get mesh as well or will the false bottom be enough?

I ordered the conversion kit. Thanks for sourceing it for me man! I really hope it fits! My mash tun has a false bottom. Do you think I should get mesh as well or will the false bottom be enough?

As long as the intake end of the conversion kit (or an extention built into the false bottom) is lower than the false bottom, it should work.

As long as the intake end of the conversion kit (or an extention built into the false bottom) is lower than the false bottom, it should work.

Thanks! The conversion kit came today. It definatly fits and is compatible but it seems to leak a bit. Should I just keep trying to tighten it or use my food grade sealent?

Thanks! The conversion kit came today. It definatly fits and is compatible but it seems to leak a bit. Should I just keep trying to tighten it or use my food grade sealent?

What part is leaking?

There seems to be a very small leak around the conversion kit, in between it and the mashtun. but I think the kit itself is totally water tight.

I guess I would check the fit of the gasket, and maybe even try a differerent gasket material. And you should be able to tighten that connection as much as you want, short of completely compressing the gaskets and deforming the tun wall. But if that doesn't help, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use a truly food-safe sealant. Also, you probably already realize this, but it's the seal on the inside of the tun that's most important.

I guess I would check the fit of the gasket, and maybe even try a differerent gasket material. And you should be able to tighten that connection as much as you want, short of completely compressing the gaskets and deforming the tun wall. But if that doesn't help, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use a truly food-safe sealant. Also, you probably already realize this, but it's the seal on the inside of the tun that's most important.

I'll try it again today, thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back