what do i need to do all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxman06

Reaction score
well i am getting deployed to Afghanistan in a month, i am thinking when i get back getting all the stuff i need for all grain brewing. i would also like basic instructions on how all grain brewing is dun. so what i am asking is what is the equipment needed for all grain brewing. and is there any kind of basic instruction on how to do it.

Just look at a kit from an online retailer. Its sometimes cheaper to make your own kit. Thats what I did.
Go buy Palmers "How to Brew" he'll give you a break down on equipment. You will also have something to read and think about while your unloading your m60 while shouting "get some".

Take a look at this sticky:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/all-grain-pictorial-video-tutorials-78963/

There is also a great method described on this site call Brew in a Bag that requires very little special equipment and will help get things start without buying much extra equipment. It does not involve sparging the grain so you might want to use a little extra grain so that the gravity will be on target. If you decide to make the full plunge into all grain then you might want to try buying some brewing software to help determine the temperatures and times based on your recipes. I use beersmith and they have a free 21 day trial that you get 40 days to use. There are also many other tutorial videos I have watched on the all grain brewing via you tube and would see some things being the same and some are different.

Hope things go well for you in your deployment.

Latest posts

Back