what do as second AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
Is it better to keep brewing the same AG recipe for the first few batches as a newbie or go to some other completley different style?? Do you gleen more by comparing sequential batches of same beer for efficiency/taste/ etc or go out there all over the place early???

I still have only brewed 1 recipe more than once. That was Yooper DFH 60 Minute clone. The SWMBO really loves it. Otherwise I always just keep jumping around from style to style. Just take good notes as there is a learning curve with the equipment adjustments that need to be made. Things like evaporation rate and efficency can vary while you get the process down, so with regards to those types of things the same brew may help, but if you take good notes, and measurements then I do not see why you can not expirement with other styles even while getting your brewery dialed in.

Ed

Back