What did you need on brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, what did you need on brew day, that you didnt have? With no brew supply place open or nearby, what is it that you were short?

I am asking, because I am intending to start selling small items out of my garage, and cater to those items at first, and maybe some smaller items as well.

Input appreciated,
Thanks

A freaking spoon. I have no idea where my long stainless spoon went. I wound up cleaning up a pair of tongs and using them to stir.

Priming sugar for emergencies on bottling day - its happened. Ended up using table sugar, beer turned out great, and now I use table sugar exclusively. But some people refuse.

hydrometers are a must to have in stock. Are you going to advertise this or just a word of mouth type thing?

Advertise locally through the beer clubs, will not be into shipping or anything.
Maybe down the road, but for now, just want to take it slow and see how things go.

Josh

thermometers, hydrometers, airlocks, stoppers, racking cane, caps, and maybe some dry yeast

Basically little things that you can break or not realize you ran out of.

I was force carbonating my first batch when I realized my Regulator Gauge was shot. Replacement costs about $10 at HD.

CO2 washer and O-rings for kegs are small items that should be available at all times.

Picinc keg taps.

5 gallon paint strainer.... not all people use them, but I love them with my, albeit, limited experience.

Thermometer... I broke my floating glass one (not in the wort thankfully) and had to use a meat thermometer I had in the kitchen.

Bottle caps..

and free samples of homebrew :drunk: :D

Bungs and airlocks. I seem to lose the caps for the damn things.

Bungs in #13 and the size for glass carboys. I use mostly 13g carboys that take large bungs.

Spare tubing. Once started my mash the realzied that the tubing I had hanging to dry since last brew day (from MLT to kettle) had been "borrowed" for putting motor oil in something.

TUBING!!!!! I'm always half way into a mash when I realized that some of my tubing never dried out from the last cleaning and may/may not have some nasties in it.

Back