What deranged shows do your kids watch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
So i knew my baby girl (2 yrs old) always watches kids shows in the morning such as Dora, Diego, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, etc.

SWMBO let me in on a little secret though...there are some fukkd up shows that freakin melt kids brains!

Exibit A: Yo Gabba Gabba...need i say more?

Exibit B: Ni-hao Kai-lan...I'm raising my daughter to speak both English and Spanish, and now after watching this show she is talking to me in Chinese!

Thank God for Dora the Explora :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazytown. I can't stand that freaking show... and that creepy hand with a face painted on it Oobi show on Noggin. The Wiggles all need beaten.

Some of those damn shows creep me out.

Lazytown. I can't stand that freaking show... and that creepy hand with a face painted on it Oobi show on Noggin. The Wiggles all need beaten.

Some of those damn shows creep me out.

Yeah! Didn't they cancel Lazytown. I sure as hell hope so. The Wiggles are sneaky bastids

NFM_29The%20Wiggles.JPG

My daughter watches all of the OP's shows, I think they are great. She knows more spanish than her mom, just from watching Dora. Sprout is a great channel for kids, if you get it. It's the PBS kids channel, nothing inappropriate on it.

My kids will never watch crap like Spongebob, though.

The Teletubbies are really weird. Absolutely no dialogue with sounds, hugs, and kisses.:fro:

And they all talk like they have Downs syndrome. Kids model what they see and hear. Shouldn't we at least have approximately correct speech for them to hear?

Nobody else has mentioned BOOBAH! or, as my wife and I called them Telletubbies on Acid!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I have rediscovered Jim Henson. We have pretty much all of the old muppet shows and the first couple seasons of Fraggle Rock on DVD.
There is nothing on TV now that is as fun to watch for the whole family as those are.
It's funny, there is all kinds of stuff in those shows that would get the PC nazis all up in a snot (Sandy Duncan doing shots in a bar, lots of muppet on muppet violence, Raquel Welch shimmying in a revealing outfit) but it is completely harmless when you watch it with them. It's nothing like the weird violence in the Anime inspired crap and the Power Rangers.

We just watched Yo Gabba-gabba a few minutes ago. That show is great! I also like Jack's big music show. Both of these show have interesting music and they are just weird enough for me to like them. I refuse to let my kids watch the Wiggles or Barney or Teletubbies. I can't stand them. Spongebob is good though.

Spongebob rocks.

We have migrated to the "big kid" garbage now: Hannah Montana, The Suite Life, etc, etc, etc. They REALLY suck.....

My kids will never watch crap like Spongebob, though.

Don't talk **** about Spongebob! :D

Spongebob is great. My kids like it, I like it. I generally prefer that they watch something with some educational value as well, but I also let them watch certain things just to enjoy them.

Back