what day is brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yummybeer

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you have a particular day you use as "brew day"?
normally, i've been brewing on whatever day is most convenient. i'm now thinking of using sundays as my "brew day". :mug:

I typically brew mid-week evenings after work, this leaves the weekends for relaxing, enjoying a homebrew, spending time with the wife, and catching up on projects around the house.

Typically Saturday... That gives me Sunday afternoon to do final cleanings, organize everything and put it all away...

And to make dog cookies with the spent grains... Which is on the agenda for today...
:mug:

Sunday mornings, when the wifey is at church and I can listen to Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR while brewing.

Sunday is nearly always my brew day. In fact, I'm brewing right now. I usually take Sunday and Monday off from work so sometimes I'll brew on Monday but 90% of the time it's every other Sunday.

Most of the time I plan to brew on the weekends... Right now, since my ******* LL is on a rant, I need to brew elsewhere. So, that's determined by the brew-buddy hosting... This week, it's planned for Tuesday evening... Not sure if there will be a set day, or days, until I've moved into a new apartment. Next place I'll make sure either the LL is ok with me brewing, not care, or it's at least not in the lease that I can't home brew there.

mid week after work is my favorite. just like a kid all day getting excited for after school fun. if i start right away (around 5:30-6) i can be cleaned up by 8-8:30ish and still have time to do something else before bed. in fact i've got a double chocolate stout that's gonna get brewed tuesday after work. enjoy.

Most of the time I plan to brew on the weekends... Right now, since my ******* LL is on a rant, I need to brew elsewhere. So, that's determined by the brew-buddy hosting... This week, it's planned for Tuesday evening... Not sure if there will be a set day, or days, until I've moved into a new apartment. Next place I'll make sure either the LL is ok with me brewing, not care, or it's at least not in the lease that I can't home brew there.

It's in your lease that you can't brew? Otherwise I would say f him, cooking is cooking and making homebrew is perfectly legal.

It's in your lease that you can't brew? Otherwise I would say f him, cooking is cooking and making homebrew is perfectly legal.

Problem is, I don't have a lease (tenant at will, have been since April of 2001) so I don't have anything in writing to lean back on... I do plan on digging up the original agreement to see what's on it, but I'll have to find it first.

I know that it's really just cooking, and shouldn't be an issue. I even have a propane burner so I can do the heating/boiling outside. His issue seems to be a combination of bad information, and his naturally neurotic nature. He seems to think that hops cause/grow mold, even though they're a preservative. He's also paranoid that one of my carboy's will get tipped over and the wort/beer will go into his part of the house (below me) and get onto his 'artwork'... :rolleyes: I told him that I have apartment insurance, which his response was to see the certificate... WTF?? I don't have a 'certificate' from the insurance company, just the statement with what I have from them... He's been an ass for more than a few years now. He wasn't when I moved in, but as I try to do different things, which are fun, he always manages to make it so that I can't... I think part of it comes from his wife running off with the dentist, and getting the house he pretty much built in the divorce (I think she took his balls too)...

Right now I'm between jobs... But, once I'm working again, I plan to save like mad so that I can get out of here within a few months. Hopefully, that will be before it's time to start brewing cooler weather beers.

Usually on Saturday or Sunday, but lately it's been getting busy so I'm looking to brew some night this week since the kids don't have dance to go to. Usually weeknights are tough due to their dance classes 4 nights a week (I KNOW, RIGHT??!!)

Back