what creates award winning beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course process is important...to a point. http://brulosophy.com/ continues to show through their exbeeriments that some of this details of our process might not be as important as we sometimes think (as is borne out in my own experience as well).

5 degrees difference in fermentation temps probably wont effect your beer in ways that you'd be able to notice. Same goes with moderately underpitching yeast. ...and many other things.

It could be that the accumulation of several process deviations may cause undesirable effects, but for the most part I find that a moderate issue in one part of my process can't be detected.

Lots of long time brewers don't use hydrometers. If you trust your process you don't really need it.

I use a hydrometer and refractometer on every batch. Plus a pH meter, datalogger for fermentation, gram scales, etc.

Of course, I'm not a homebrewer. I'm a beer engineer. ;)

Latest posts

Back