What competition category for Italian Pilsner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atterazlac

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to enter an Italian Pilsner in some BJCP competitions. What category should I use? I realize it is essentially a dry-hopped version of a German Pilsner, so would it be that category?

Thanks!

Dan

I would put it in the kellerbier category since you'll likely have a little haze and hop burn. If you feel like it's clear enough to hang with all the other German Pilsners, go that way as long as it's not overly hoppy.

I would put it in the kellerbier category since you'll likely have a little haze and hop burn. If you feel like it's clear enough to hang with all the other German Pilsners, go that way as long as it's not overly hoppy.
I realize this is an old thread, but I took your advice @Bobby_M and entered my Italian Pilsner as a Kellerbier in a recent competition; it took first in the category and scored a 40! Thanks for the tip!!

Back