What CO2 equipment do I need for my kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhardin87

Reaction score
So I'm buying a ton of brewing equipment from a professor of mine for pretty cheap including a 2 tap freezer chest style kegerator. The only hitch is he wants to keep all the CO2 equipment for another project he's working on. What all do I need to get to make it work?

At a minimum you are going to need a CO2 tank and a regulator. Preferably a dual gauge regulator. Plus all of the tubing. I use 5/16" ID tubing. You should be able to get either the red or blue tubing at either Lowes or Home Depot. Though I bought my last role at Amazon. If you want to serve more than one keg you are going to need either a manifold or secondary regulators. Secondary regulators can get rather expensive.

Is that all I need? Basically I'm wondering where i can find a parts list or a legging for dummies guide.

With out seeing what you have it's hard to give you an exact list.

The Brew Dudes have a series of videos where they talk about kegging and CO2: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brew+dudes+kegging

I have a video where I talk about adding a manifold to my system: As well as as a video about ball lock kegs:

Watching those should give you a much better idea what you need.

Back