What can I make with this mish-mash of misc. ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duck911

Reaction score
From multiple batches that I have modified, borrowed from, or otherwise butchered, I have the following ingredients left over for a quick brew this weekend. I don't have a problem buying some extra ingredients, too.

Here is what I have:

4 Lbs. AHBS Extra Light LME
8 oz pale malt, 4 oz carapils in a muslin bag
1 oz Citra pellets
1 oz Cluster pellets
1 oz Summit pellets

US-05

I was thinking of picking up a little extra LME, and making a light pale ale or perhaps an amber (not sure about my hop bill for an amber though?)

Any ideas?

thanks!

--Duck911

From multiple batches that I have modified, borrowed from, or otherwise butchered, I have the following ingredients left over for a quick brew this weekend. I don't have a problem buying some extra ingredients, too.

Here is what I have:

4 Lbs. AHBS Extra Light LME
8 oz pale malt, 4 oz carapils in a muslin bag
1 oz Citra pellets
1 oz Cluster pellets
1 oz Summit pellets

US-05

I was thinking of picking up a little extra LME, and making a light pale ale or perhaps an amber (not sure about my hop bill for an amber though?)

Any ideas?

thanks!

--Duck911

You could pick up some Amber DME (about 2-3LBS) and that'll give you a good amber color. If you use just the hops available you'll have a pretty lightly hopped amber beer. Use the Summit for Bittering @60 and add the citra and cluster in at the 15-25 minute mark. Not sure what your overall OG will be on this one (guessing 1.050)? Good luck! You can't mess it up any way you look at it!

Back