What can I do with this collection of ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCS

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning on brewing today, kind of a spur of the moment decision, as other weekend plans were canceled. Anyway, here is the stuff I have on hand/left over from other brews:

10# Marris Otter
3# Crystal 20L
1# Crystal 60L
.5# Carafa III
.5# Chocolate Malt

.5 oz Cascade
.5 oz Chinook
.5 oz Citra

Wyeast 1728 - (Washed from a previous batch)

Any Thoughts? I may just add it all together with a hop schedule of 60, 30 and 10 Min.

As always, thanks for the help...Cheers...:tank:

To make a nice malty pale ale:

9lb MO
1lb C60

CHinook at 60
citra at 0
dry-hop with the cascade

Thanks....Any Ideas what I would get if I put it all together....is that too much crystal.....it works out to be about 25% of the grain bill.....Maybe it's time for an experiment....

RCCOLA - Just realized your screen name...do you like Moon Pies?...After much debate..I decided to make the Pale Ale...Thanks.

RCCOLA - Just realized your screen name...do you like Moon Pies?...After much debate..I decided to make the Pale Ale...Thanks.

Heh, heh, Moon Pies--hells yea! I'm actually from the land of RC and moon pies--South Carolina, but the RC is a play on my initials and my "cola" is my brew.

I don't think you'll be unhappy with that pale ale. With the other grain bill you'd be waiting awhile for it to be good, whereas you can be drinking the pale in 2-3 weeks if you keg.

Back