What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sept/Oct issue of Zymurgy with my sixth Last Drop piece: pretty sure that's a record.
IMG_20200903_101319.jpg

The Sept/Oct issue of Zymurgy with my sixth Last Drop piece: pretty sure that's a record.View attachment 696655
Congrats on the article!

Btw, when I was brewing without 'true' temperature control, I used a rope tub, filled with water, and an aquarium heater, then covered it all with a sleeping bag. The temp dial on the aquarium heater wasn't very accurate so I spent a couple days measuring with my instant thermometer so I knew where the right spot on the dial was. All-in-all, it was a pretty space and cost efficient solution.

I got my malt from morebeer early! they said Sept 8th, but it's here on the third! brewday tomorrow exicited to try and boil my mash! lol, they say with the osmotic pressure of the sugar, the low ph, temp doesn't matter, going for a really malty brew! wish me luck! ;)

I got my malt from morebeer early! they said Sept 8th, but it's here on the third! brewday tomorrow exicited to try and boil my mash! lol, they say with the osmotic pressure of the sugar, the low ph, temp doesn't matter, going for a really malty brew! wish me luck! ;)
Cool. I ordered grains from them for my next three batches but they have yet to even pull my order. ETA of the 10th. Not brewing this weekend.

Congrats on the article!

Btw, when I was brewing without 'true' temperature control, I used a rope tub, filled with water, and an aquarium heater, then covered it all with a sleeping bag. The temp dial on the aquarium heater wasn't very accurate so I spent a couple days measuring with my instant thermometer so I knew where the right spot on the dial was. All-in-all, it was a pretty space and cost efficient solution.
A good solution, but needing more space than I have: my wife and I are living in an old school bus with less than 250 square feet.

Cool. I ordered grains from them for my next three batches but they have yet to even pull my order. ETA of the 10th. Not brewing this weekend.

i ordered three batches too, on the 27th of last month....should be good for this month? we'll see there's always instacart and apple juice....costs about the same, now i'm getting lazy and not malting my own....60'lbs of pale, 5 lb's chocolate.....

edit: gotta milk it, looking forward to burst carbing by weight to get it really dialed in.....lol :D

30 Amp GFCI breaker for my brewery subpanel. It's the last piece before I can have my setup operational. Should be doing test runs Monday afternoon and hopefully a brew day with it on Tuesday.
facetiously

i got my sparge water heating got my mash resting, going to hope for a repeat of 97% effec on this batch! if you are brewing brew buddy! i wish you the same!

(and i have no idea why cross quoting is hard to avoid! i'm being totally serious! :))

oh, and all i got was a brass 5/16" tee for my co2 line :( not even worth a pic..

well, i ordered a ball lock quick disconnect....but when i picked it up today and opened the package this is what i got.... :(
wrongpart.jpg

(sorry for the blur my hands were shaking.....)

edit: maybe this would be a better post for "what didn't come in the mail today"....

12 meters each of 4mm ID/8mm OD and 5mm ID/8mm OD EVAbarrier tubing showed up today, destined for K3.
Quickest USPS trip from Middle 'Murrica to me in the last 6 months :ban:

Cheers!

Gas distribution system parts for my "K3" keezer build arrived today.
Whomever fabricated that manifold really pushed the spacing on those shutoffs - the handles just barely clear the next door valve bodies.
But they do clear them, so it'll work fine.

K3_gas_parts_sm.jpg

Gonna be fun dunk-testing the whole system before it gets installed...

Cheers!

[edit] Dunk tested the manifold at 70 psi and that puppy is gas tight! Solid build by Matt's crew at chicompany.net :rock:

Last edited:
6D2B1594-1ED6-492B-B633-04B392874CD7.jpeg
These did not come in the mail but was delivered by a good friend tonight. We usually go in on 4-packs and split them. Two cans each is perfect for 99% of the beers from any brewery plus is helps save money.
This release happened when I was out of town so he was able to order them and pick them up. Anyhow the artwork is cool and thought I would share it here.

Got all the grain for the next few batches plus some odds and ends stuff like muslin bags and oak chips. Always stoked to get fresh grain in!

View attachment 698035These did not come in the mail but was delivered by a good friend tonight. We usually go in on 4-packs and split them. Two cans each is perfect for 99% of the beers from any brewery plus is helps save money.
This release happened when I was out of town so he was able to order them and pick them up. Anyhow the artwork is cool and thought I would share it here.
Looks like beers Homer Simpson would be drinking!!

Back