What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite beer equipment, picked up yesterday at CostcoView attachment 691337

But...if I smoke some grains on it? Then can I claim Beer equipment? Just a thought.
Absolutely! Funny how brewers think! I was just gazing at my woodsmoker the other day wondering what size and mill metal screen would be appropriate to smoke grains on 😂

Noticed the nipple O-ring on my Taprite reg was starting to come apart, took it out, switched to a standard fiber crush gasket, and ordered up some replacement O-rings.

taprite_o_rings.jpg

fwiw, these were ordered on July 10, got lost between Ann Arbor and Detroit by USPS (tracking data literally ended on that leg), and replacements for the replacements finally arrived today...

Cheers!

Noticed the nipple O-ring on my Taprite reg was starting to come apart, took it out, switched to a standard fiber crush gasket, and ordered up some replacement O-rings.

View attachment 691341

fwiw, these were ordered on July 10, got lost between Ann Arbor and Detroit by USPS (tracking data literally ended on that leg), and replacements for the replacements finally arrived today...

Cheers!
Better than here in Oakland county! I had a piece mail containing tap plugs go from Cali to Detroit, to a local p.o here then back to pontiac, back to Royal Oak, back to pontiac then finally to my local p.o again....gotta be pandemic related??

Not today but a few days ago I received around 2-3 lbs of various hops from YVH. The 8oz bag of El Dorado had lost its vacuum seal so I emailed them about it. Their reply said it happened during shipment and regardless it should be okay. Since I have a Food Saver I vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer with all the rest. Their reply did state that if I notice any issue when brewing with them to let them know.

Score!
You're gonna love the EVAbarrier tubing...

Cheers!
I’m interested to see what a difference it makes. I was upset this morning when I went to check everything and noticed I lost damn near a whole tank of CO2 overnight!!! I quickly realized it was my own fault for not tightening a fitting at the regulator securely. ******* attacks will get you every time!:mad:

I’m interested to see what a difference it makes. I was upset this morning when I went to check everything and noticed I lost damn near a whole tank of CO2 overnight!!! I quickly realized it was my own fault for not tightening a fitting at the regulator securely. ******* attacks will get you every time!:mad:
Been there....

Well, not the mail.

My almost 9 year old 13cf keezer has a slooow gas leak, and the math makes no sense to attempt to do more than keep it on life support (read: periodic r134a top-ups) until its descendant is christened. This 15cf unit will be that descendant...after a metric crapton of modifications and additions.

I picked this up at Percy's in Worcester, MA, after an arduous search high and low for any chest freezer that could be made to work for at least 6 beer kegs plus my shorty rinser kegs. This may literally have been the only new 13-15cf chest freezer available anywhere in MA today.

FFFC15M4T_01sm.jpg

This project is likely going to take a few months - unless my current keezer takes a turn for the even worse, I'm inclined to enjoy the summer and save this for a cold weather project.

I'll be ditching the lid entirely, and fabricating a new hinged lid considerable "taller" to provide room for all of the stuff that has to be crammed in there while also providing clearance to the keg tops. Then, similar to my current keezer, I'll build a new dolly to set the whole thing upon to bring the lid up to bar height and provide slide-out bays in the back for my brewery controller and power supply drawers. I'll reuse my 6-tap tower, drip tray and rinser, and may add a separate single tap tower to move my stout line to (maybe a cobra style tower :)).

Gonna be fun!

Cheers!

Sounds like a big project but with your mad skills I know you can pull this off. I like the separate tower for the stout.... Nitro I presume! Good luck on the new build!

John

Been there, done that. My first ever co2 tank fill had less than 1/4 tank left 12 hours after filling. Newbie to kegging mistake on leak checks. I just chalked it up to busting the kegging cherry 😳 and hopefully lesson learned!

[...]
I like the separate tower for the stout.... Nitro I presume! Good luck on the new build!

Cheers, John. :mug:

I'd be moving my old war club of a Micromatic stout faucet (freshly rebuilt last month!) from the t-tower to a single column style, and installing my 6th 525ss in its place.

I love the cobra style towers. tbh those graceful curves would totally not jibe with everything else atop the keezer, but otoh, it sure would attract attention :D

rinser_installed_sm.jpg

69AE72FE-74AD-4946-A479-1875534491FA.jpeg
Arrived minutes ago. My LHBS is really a hydroponic store with some brewing stuff too. Their customer service sucks and they have very little of what I need or want. Plus they don’t carry Imperial yeast and I really wanted to get my hands on this seasonal strain for an upcoming brew day next weekend.
The grains and WLP001 are for the Black is Beautiful beer I want to brew next month.

Yessir! I love Citra and Mosaic together. Never tried Sabro or Idaho Gem. Definitely planning on an all Sabro and most likely a mix of 3 or all of these. Haven't decided yet.
I've only done 1 sabro beer so far which was mosaic/sabro, and it came out great. Leaned more on the sabro in the dryhop, mainly due to the mosaic being whole leaf, but overall it was 50/50. Also tried Idaho gem with (what else?) mosaic, and wasn't super impressed. But my hoppy beer procedures definitely need some work, so that could be a factor as well.

Didn't come in the mail. I had to go pick it up. But.....
SCORE! My son works in maintenance at the hospital. He calls the other day and asks if I want another refrigerator. I say maybe. He says it's a 3 door True commercial. I say definitely. What's wrong with it? He says not keeping the temp that the lab requires. So I picked it up yesterday. This thing is huge. Washed all the aids and covid off of it. Plugged it in. Everything runs. No cooling. Had to Frankenstein 3 gauge manifolds to get all the connections right. It was 3 ounces low of 134. Schrader valve was leaking. Fixed. Been holding 33 degrees for 2 hours.
20200813_184354.jpg

nothing came IN the mail for me today, but i printed a shipping label to send out some of my homemalt to a fellow HBT'r......just got to stay sober long enough to drive to the UPS Store to drop it off now.......

should be interesting what they say about it! lol

I've only done 1 sabro beer so far which was mosaic/sabro, and it came out great. Leaned more on the sabro in the dryhop, mainly due to the mosaic being whole leaf, but overall it was 50/50. Also tried Idaho gem with (what else?) mosaic, and wasn't super impressed. But my hoppy beer procedures definitely need some work, so that could be a factor as well.
I love Mosaic, but I'm a bigger fan of Citra, for the style. I still think I'm going to do an all Sabro, just to see what it brings. That's how I learned with Strata!

Back