what beer would this be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotfun

Reaction score
hi everyone. i just brewed an extract batch where i switched to dme in place of lme. this was to try and get color where i wanted it. i was also getting a malty taste i wasn't in to, so i switched yeast as well. so i used 66% pilsen light dme and 33% bavarian with safale us-05. primary for two weeks, secondary for one. very clear and nice. og was 1.050 and fg was 1.010. by style guideline info...what would this be? thanks a ton

American Wheat Beer?
Might be a little light on the wheat.
Bell's Oberon is an American Wheat Beer.

Is that the whole grain/ malt bill? No specialties? If so, I don't think that's gonna fit into any category. I'm interested to know what hops and ibus as well. If you weren't into a malty taste, I don't know that this one is gonna be much different.

no hops. it was soured. I've done this with salt and coriander to make a gose. so i guess the question is...whats a gose with no salt and coriander?

My curiosity was because I wanted to figure out what the batch would be without souring or coriander and salt. I like your answer. The batch has a great light taste to it that I want to repeat with a very low ibu Thanks for the input

It wouldn't need much hopping to get it done.
An ounce at 15 minutes (6ish AA) would do it if you wanted to keep it on the low.
My American Wheat recipe has 5 ounces.
I am assuming we are talking 5-5.5 gallons.

Interesting. I started brewing because sours were so expensive. The brewing has become an obsession. The sours don't have hops very often so I haven't looked into the hop world that much. I have a few Flanders reds going that have hops and the smell is great. Thanks for the info.

Back