What beer to bring back from Belfast Ireland?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cswest

Reaction score
My wife will be traveling to Belfast for a few weeks and offered to bring some beer back. Any suggestion for what I should have her look for?

Thanks

My wife will be traveling to Belfast for a few weeks and offered to bring some beer back. Any suggestion for what I should have her look for?

Thanks

Slight, but important correction: Belfast is in Northern Ireland.

To your question, I don't know of anything special that is from Northern Ireland, but it may be easier to get Belgian beers there? Cantillon, 3F, etc. that's what I'd be on the lookout for.

And Northern Ireland is in Ireland. He didn't say Republic of Ireland.

Anyway beer. Depends what styles you are looking for and if it's just Irish. There is a great DIPA called Of Foam and Fury from Galway Bay and a brilliant Anerican Amber from 8 Degrees called Amber Ella. Metalman do a nice ale if you can get it. Most Irish breweries do an Irish Red and a porter or a stout. Most of the porters are great. There's a couple of good NI breweries. Bottles of headless dog are nice.

You'll also get a lot of English and Scottish stuff. I recommend picking up some brewdog beers. They do a lot if more American style beers but if you're looking for something more European then their Dogma is widely available and it's a Scottish ale.

If you've any other questions on it let me know. Oh and bring back a bottle of Buckfast for the laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back