What beer things did you get for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiptasia

Reaction score
I got this, the double pretentous beer drinker's glass for mixing the perfect black and tan. In the trial run, I mixed a Goose Island BCBS with a freshly carbonated batch of my house pale ale. Frigging delicious.

So, what did you get?

20131225_183424.jpg

We are going to start all grain brewing, so I got a wort chiller and a propane burner, but the guy ordered the wrong burner. I'll replace it with the jet burner that we wanted. Now we just have to get the rest of the gear...
I got a book, The Complete Beer Course.

thermapen - for brewing and grilling. what a nice wife. something I would have never bought myself b/c of the price tag.

my very thoughtful & wonderful wife got me a book I've been wanting. then took it a step further and had a magnet made for me. my wife is floccin' awesome!

1226131646.jpg

$50 gift certificate to my LHBS
Speidel 30L Fermentor (Sent my Wife a link when they were on More Beers 12 days of Christmas)
2.5 Gallon Keg

The Thermapen that was supposed to make it before Christmas was just handed to me by my wife. :D

Oh, and my MW102 pH meter is still on the way.

A very nice set of six beer glasses. A sixer of a very nice scottish ale, and a 4 pack of Duvel.

Got a french press coffee pot and a device that will foam milk for coffee. Not beer stuff... but still brewing.

Got quite a few gifts that were golf related... balls, tees, gloves, etc...

Food, golf, beer, and coffee. The wife knows me.

my very thoughtful & wonderful wife got me a book I've been wanting. then took it a step further and had a magnet made for me. my wife is floccin' awesome!

You'll have to write us a book report on that book. Looks interesting. I've one called, 'The Drunken Botanist', that I've been meaning to read.

I got a stainless steel nine gallon pot. Thanks for the heads up, TR. Now I can be a stainless steel pot EAC. My wife also got me a board game called Beer Nerd. It's a beer tasting and trivia game.

Most everything I need to build my EBIAB system including a new 8 gal Stainless pot. Now if someone would have given me time to build the system I would be happy.

I got a 1 gallon "craft a brew" kit from my youngest, so now I can become a homebrewer! I also got a left hand brewery pint glass, a half marathon imperial point glass, 6 pack of oatmeal stout from a local brewery, a pint of banana beer and a pint of London cab.

Going to start brewing tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Home Brew mobile app

I got:

2 growlers of Gordon Biersh Winter Bock from my SIL
For The Love Of Hops, Yeast and Water from my parents
A vacuum sealing system with bunch of bags and a roll of bag material from the in-laws
A 10 gallon aluminum pot to replace my old 8 gal from my wife
A Cool View thermometer for my cooler mash tun from my parents
An oxygenation system from my parents

I have a wonderful family.

$150 dollars in gift cards to a local bar with 40+ craft brews on tap plus +/- 100 others in import bottles. Can't wait to start spending these cards.

SWMBO got me a half gallon growler etched with "Big Deck BBQ and Brew" and four brew pub glasses.

I got a refractometer and an oxygenation kit, but it's too darn cold to brew in Iowa right now! Maybe I'll try it Sunday when the low is supposed to be -22°F.

Winter stinks.

Neil

Back