What are your plans for St. Paddy's day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey_c

Reaction score
It's also my 27th anniversary! I've got a wide selection on deck: Guinness Draught, Foreign Extra and Stout, Bass Ale (for Black and Tans), Boddington's, Smithwick's, plus several of my own brews. The usual American Paddy's day fare; corned beef and cabbage, soda bread and Irish (kerrygold) butter. Maybe some Irish whiskey, coffee and Bailey's. "The Quiet Man" etc., etc..

I, unfortunately, am working 12 hour night shifts. I will have one of my bottles of Battery Acid and an authentic Irish meal before work and that will probably be it.

Whatever you do, please be smart if you decide to party! If you plan on partying, make arrangements for a ride. Hate to see someone wind up getting hurt or hurting themselves.

Cheers!

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to a bar and listen to an incredibly fun band or if I want to treat myself to an early movie and beverages at home. I was supposed to go to the bar with my daughter but she has an 8am class on Friday :( what ever I do is going to involve some sort of beer (none of mine yet, the first and second are still in the fermenters)

Working 2pm to 2am, ftl.

I work at an Irish pub though. So all us workers will be partying from closing until the wee hours of the morning. :D

My peated 80 scottish ale is ready to go and all my kids love corned beef and cabbage (which is pretty funny with all my little mexican hybrids). Stay home, drink and be merry seems like the way to go..

Work from 7am til 4pm and class starts at 4:45. Seriously considering blowing off class to hit The Flying Saucer after work. If only I didn't have to make up any time I miss...

I wouldn't go out at all except that it is dart night, so I have to. But I will be coming home early. I hate St. Patty's Day. Friggin Amateur Night.

Working a double today. Wa waaaa. Might drop by the pub for one drink after, but alas working another double tomorrow.

It's also my 27th anniversary! I've got a wide selection on deck: Guinness Draught, Foreign Extra and Stout, Bass Ale (for Black and Tans), Boddington's, Smithwick's, plus several of my own brews. The usual American Paddy's day fare; corned beef and cabbage, soda bread and Irish (kerrygold) butter. Maybe some Irish whiskey, coffee and Bailey's. "The Quiet Man" etc., etc..

Glad to see your wife fits into your plans for the day...
:tank:

Me, I'm working. I think my wife picked up some store bought Irish soda bread to go with my leftover thai food.

That. FTL.

Since I'm mostly German, not Irish, I will probably not do much. Didn't even wear a bit of green today. Frankly, I was thinking it was the 16th!

Maybe later I'll head down to the local bar and see if they can hold onto some Guinness bottles for me. Last year they started collecting empties for me and if they sell as much as last year I'll have another decent load of fresh empties to use for homebrews.

But I should walk down there in case I also decide to have a couple myself. Or I can stay home and drink my homebrew, which is better IMO, and a "bit" cheaper. Then take the money I saved and take my wife to dinner at that nice Italian Restaurant in Big Rapids. I hear they have good food...

So, yeah.. FOOK THE IRISH!

getting **** faced! i went ahead and didn't make plans, (except to get **** faced.)because i will just end up getting drunk and not following through with them. i don't get to go out a lot, but this is my favorite holiday so i'm goin. i'm ready to get and trouble and make some ****ing bad decisions!

I'm gonna go out and celebrate my birthday with a green Margarita with some friends and then come home and have a (store bought) beer since I have none in the pipeline.

Back