What are your house brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Don't think we have done this in a while.

I'll start: Amber Ale, Hefeweissen, Dunkelweiss.

Working on a pale ale or lager.

:mug:

I really don't have one right now but it may be turning into my version of Yooper's dead guy clone that my Dad has formally named "Better than dead".

I had three for a number of years. Yooper's deadguy clone, my cream ale and a basic amber ale that ended up tasting like a direct clone of Bell's amber, but i haven't done those in over a year. Like wildwest said, for me it's been about trying to brew more and more styles.

I only have two taps at present, I try to keep some kind of APA or IPA on one, and the other is the variety tap, a hefe, maybe a stout, kolsh, whatever style I attempted. I brew pretty decent pales, so for now that is a constant until I get a better feel for other styles.

I tried getting a good pipeline and some good house stuff, but I drink too damn fast to ever get ahead. I also rarely feel like making the same batch twice.

I have gotten to the point where I brew was I want and don't really keep track.

A wheat beer, APA or IPA, and a session beer like Orfy mild. So right now I have a blue moon clone, Amarillo IPA, and Orfy mild. Up next would probably be a cream ale, two hearted ale or SN celebration ale and orange honey hefe. Other variety beers I would just buy a six pack

I have only brewed this twice, but I got exactly what I wanted and I can't find any flaws to fix. It is an approachable, easy drinking blonde with just enough hop aroma to satisfy a beer enthusiast. It definitely hits the spot on the 100+F summer days here.

I would like to brew it again to verify the consistency of the recipe (and the brewer!) before posting it to the recipes section.

The recipe was developed from a few different recipes on here: EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, ThePol's house ale, and from Jamil's blonde from BCS.

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 6.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.87 gal
Estimated OG: 1.040 SG
Estimated Color: 4.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 21.6 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
8 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 84.21 %
12.0 oz Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 7.89 %
6.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 3.95 %
6.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3.95 %
25.00 gm Cascade [5.50 %] (60 min) Hops 15.9 IBU
7.00 gm Cascade [5.50 %] (30 min) Hops 3.4 IBU
7.00 gm Cascade [5.50 %] (15 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
7.00 gm Cascade [5.50 %] (0 min) Hops -
1.20 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1.20 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) [StartYeast-Ale

Mash at 152.

Eric

I try to keep either a Hefeweizen or Witbier on tap. light and refreshing, great session beers, appeal to a broad range of people and don't knock me on my ass. Everything else is pretty sporadic.

I try to keep either a Hefeweizen or Witbier on tap. light and refreshing, great session beers, appeal to a broad range of people and don't knock me on my ass. Everything else is pretty sporadic.

I am definitely going to try to nail down a good recipe of each of those. There are so many out there to try...guess I just need to get to brewing!

Eric

So far the house ale is BM Centennial Blonde. I am working on finding an Oktoberfest beer that I really love. I also want to find a House stout.

Of the beers I have rebrewed, I would say that my Stout is my most popular "house brew". I have brewed it five times now and it is ever changing though. My real house beer is whatever I have in the house at the time!

I always have Sweet Stout, Brown Ale and Scottish Ale, in the beer fridge.
Sometimes I also have Porter or IPA.
I have 20 cases of bottles, mostly full right now.
I have a Brown Porter in the carboy working.

I also have generally 3 to 6 cases of Mead & Braggot, in champage bottles,
on hand, most times.

Probably Kentucky Common, Extra Stout, Irish Red.... Pale Ale, IIPA, and a bunch more. I brew the first 3 the most, but brew a bunch of other recipes I'm trying to perfect.

I try and brew Kelly's Honey Blonde Ale, Deep Chocolate Stout, Silky Brown Ale and Irish Wake Stout as often as I can, but I like to have something new on tap. The seasonals are yearly staples - Snow Day Bock in March, Dortmunder Pretzel Munchin' Beer in July and WeddingFest in September.

I keep my Snow Storm Oatmeal Stout on tap all the time and now an Octoberfest, but that will get changed out with a Pale Ale since I only have two taps.

I have only redone a beer twice but the IPA I have going right now with definitely be repeated. I am shooting for a session IPA or heavy hopped APA for this summer.

Raspberry Wheat (for the ladies) j/k everyone likes it

3 amigos IPA triple hop brewed

Vanilla carmel stout

I go thru the IPA's the fastest...all my friends are into ipa's lately....alllways have one ready for back up

Ambers, Pale Ales and IPA's of various types. Brewing one tonight to keep the supply up and use the new hops. This will be my first foray into using Crisp Amber malt in an IPA.

I don't know if I have any house brews, since I only have two taps, but I do have several tried and true recipes that I brew often. One of my taps always seems to have either a brown ale (Yooper's Fat Squirrel clone or my own Bust-A-Nut) or an amber ale (Bernie's Righteous Red).
On my other tap I try to keep a seasonal, (bock, marzen, etc)

Back