what are you reading?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cageybee

Reaction score
reading robin Hobb's blood of dragon's (because I have to keep reading to find out how this ends), guy gaviel kay's river of stars, and how to brew.....finally.

read the g.r.r.m. series...loved it, thankfully my wife read it too (she would read the book I just finished) so she could remember (for me) all the things that were said that I just couldn't. only time I wanted her to correct me when I was wrong....."no dear, that was so-and-so, and what he actually said was....."

I'm reading the history of JP Morgan. It's insanely interesting.

Pleasure:

A Game of Thrones (I'm behind the times)

Brewing:

Yeast
Farmhouse Ales

Work:

Dev Specs :smack:

The Art of Tea and Choke. Read about A Hitmans Guide to Housecleaning, looks like a good read. I also am behind on Game of Throne series. Caught up on the TV series though

I always have several books going at one time. Currently I am reading:

Charles Fried's Modern Liberty and the limits of government

Mitch Steele IPA: Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale

Morris Kline's Mathematics: The Loss of Certainty

I just finished Game of Thrones over the weekend and really enjoyed it, but felt I needed a bit of a break before continuing on through the series. I started One Second After on Sunday and am almost done with it. I'm really enjoying it, I appreciate the looking back to history for answers to current problems. My biggest gripe about the book is that basically everything that can go wrong does go wrong. It makes it a little less believable, but it does add excitement, so not the worst thing in the world.

Worth picking up if you enjoy post apocalyptic stories.

Just finished
- Lions of Kandahar

Halfway through
- The kite Runner

Both books are based in Afghanistan. Good reads. Not sure what the next book will be. Probably a CCENT cert book for work..

Back