What are you listening to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Monkees. Yes, they were a group created in Hollywood by Don Kirshner to compete with the Beatles. Silly, slap stick TV shows. As some mistakenly claim they were NOT the 1960's version of Milli Vanilli. The Monkees had talent, but Don and the studio wanted no part of it.

Fast forward to their 20th Anniversary World Tour (in 1986) and they kicked butt! How do I know? I was there. Mike Nesmith (the Monkee wearing the green knit cap or our Canadian friend's call them "toque") wasn't present as he had inherited a large amount of money from his mother inventing "Wite-Out" (for those not old enough to know of what I write, Wite-Out was used to "fix" typewriting mistakes). The 3 Monkees present (Davy , Mickey, and Peter) played their own instruments. The place was rocking primarily due in part to MTV (when they still played music videos) introduced a new generation to the Monkees. There were people at the concert from the teens to their 60's all enjoying the Monkees.

Unfortunately, Peter Tork passed away on February 21, 2019. Peter, my friend, you are sadly missed. I will always remember your smile. Wherever you are currently residing I do hope you and Davy are "rocking the crowds" once again.

RIP Davy Jones February 29, 2012 and Peter Tork February 21, 2019.

The Monkees. Yes, they were a group created in Hollywood by Don Kirshner to compete with the Beatles. Silly, slap stick TV shows. As some mistakenly claim they were NOT the 1960's version of Milli Vanilli. The Monkees had talent, but Don and the studio wanted no part of it.

Fast forward to their 20th Anniversary World Tour (in 1986) and they kicked butt! How do I know? I was there. Mike Nesmith (the Monkee wearing the green knit cap or our Canadian friend's call them "toque") wasn't present as he had inherited a large amount of money from his mother inventing "Wite-Out" (for those not old enough to know of what I write, Wite-Out was used to "fix" typewriting mistakes). The 3 Monkees present (Davy , Mickey, and Peter) played their own instruments. The place was rocking primarily due in part to MTV (when they still played music videos) introduced a new generation to the Monkees. There were people at the concert from the teens to their 60's all enjoying the Monkees.

Unfortunately, Peter Tork passed away on February 21, 2019. Peter, my friend, you are sadly missed. I will always remember your smile. Wherever you are currently residing I do hope you and Davy are "rocking the crowds" once again.

RIP Davy Jones February 29, 2012 and Peter Tork February 21, 2019.
One of my goto shows as a kid. Fun to watch

Now, "Daisy Jane" by America. Listen to the metronome at the beginning! I never really cared for the group American before seeing in concert many, many years ago. By this time there were just a duo. D**m fine writers and group, IMO.
Several songs that I despise only because they remind me of sh!tty parts of my childhood. That's one..here's another..thanks! [emoji39]

Latest posts

Back